undercurrent sub-current rdwc. what kind of yield?

• Thread starter Bdt1981
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Bdt1981

Bdt1981

i have built an 8 site under current rdwc system with black 5 gal buckets and 1 and 1/4 in pipe.(wish would have at least used 1 1/2 but oh well) i have to say it turned out bad ass. all made from scratch the bulk head caused most problem, ended up using a male 1 1/4 with a 1 1/4 nut on inside of buckets and rubber sink drain bushing on inside and out added a little aquarium silicone on outside seal just in case.. i have thc bomb in cubes right now.. my qu. estion is of course yield. with bare root cuttings if i veg for 2 weeks trouble free what could i possibly expect? and with 4 week ver what could i possibly expect. under 2 1000 watt digital hps and 3 400 watt free handging digital hps.. of course co2 and controller ice boxes and chiller in 4x8 tent.... thanks anyone that takes the time to respond...

Growboy

Growboy

I just built the same setup. I was told by humco hydro at expo that with 2 weeks i could pull half each plant maybe more. I am just starting week 2 of veg and my system is working great. What nutrient line are you planning on using?
here is the humco site
http://humcohydro.com/

Bdt1981

Bdt1981

hell ya that not to bad.... how are people doing the uc as far as training the plant or just letting them gro?

stickyfing3rs

stickyfing3rs

Most people put up some kinda screen for there uc, or vert trees. In your case i would say try a screen first. Less moving lights around to avoid burning plants that way. I noticed you didn't mention a chiller in your setup is that somethin you plan on adding?

Growboy

Growboy

if you don't have a chiller don't buy one use a dehumidifier it works great for me and only cost me $40 use a smaller one like a 20 pint a day they have a coil on the back put it in your controller bucket put on timer and thats it.

stickyfing3rs

stickyfing3rs

this is what it will look like
How many gallons you running in your system growboy? Looks like a cheap alternative if your not running a lot, can you keep your water temps at 68 or lower?

Growboy

Growboy

my system has 50 gallons in it I ran the chiller for 2 hours and from 70 it dropped it to 50

Bdt1981

Bdt1981

Yes a 1 HP ecoplus chiller. That is how I use my ice boxes. I mentioned it in the op. So no topping in the if set up or growing a strain like serious seeds chronic one that is used a lot in Sog?

LordVane

LordVane

Never done UC myself, but seen some very good yields from others who have.

Bdt1981

Bdt1981

How high do I keep the water level in the bucket and does it stay the same thru the whole grow

stickyfing3rs

stickyfing3rs

Run it bout half way up the net pots to get your cuttings rooted good then just below. That's how I've done it in the past and had good luck, never had a failed uc run that is. Haha

stickyfing3rs

stickyfing3rs

Another thing id like to add is monitoring your ph, VERY important in this system shit can go south in a hurry.it's very unforgiving. I have had great luck with bluelab guardians.

Bdt1981

Bdt1981

Run it bout half way up the net pots to get your cuttings rooted good then just below. That's how I've done it in the past and had good luck, never had a failed uc run that is. Haha
So do cut straight from plant into net pot or do u root cuttings then put in net pot. I'll be using an easy cloner to root my cuttings BTW

stickyfing3rs

stickyfing3rs

Easycloner is perfect, some people root cuttings in rockwool and then to the uc but personally i have had better luck with no media sticking to the roots when transplanting. Not that other methods aren't successful though, alot of better farmers then me do it differently. I've always had good luck with hydroton too btw, easy to clean and re use.too

Bdt1981

Bdt1981

Easycloner is perfect, some people root cuttings in rockwool and then to the uc but personally i have had better luck with no media sticking to the roots when transplanting. Not that other methods aren't successful though, alot of better farmers then me do it differently. I've always had good luck with hydroton too btw, easy to clean and re use.too
Hell ya that's what I use. I have a ton of it and it sure is a pain to have to clean a 4x4 table completely full of it. So how much root do I want before I move them into the if? And BTW thanks.

Bdt1981

Bdt1981

Hell ya that's what I use. I have a ton of it and it sure is a pain to have to clean a 4x4 table completely full of it. So how much root do I want before I move them into the if? And BTW thanks.

stickyfing3rs

stickyfing3rs

No problem at all, i usually transplant once my roots are about 5-6" long. As long as their bushy and healthy I'm sure you could move them anytime though. Good luck man

Top Bottom