Understanding Micronutrients

• Thread starter Homesteader
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Bulldog420

Bulldog420

Premium Member
Supporter
You are so far above peoples head now. Not sure if hate will follow, or just a blank thread. Love it personally.

Bulldog420

Bulldog420

Premium Member
Supporter
I have a serious problem with Moly. I can't spray it diluted enough to not burn leaves, and I can't seem to maintain it at proper levels in my soil. That one is tough, and Mn is really hard to keep in our peat based mixes. Copper is another one to keep an eye on in our peat based mixes. Great thread.

Homesteader

Homesteader

@Bulldog420
I have a moly issue starting as well with one of my mixes but I just started using TM-7 on it so I'm hoping this is the ticket.

Sulfur(S)........................2% Copper (Cu)............0.31% Boron (B).................0.37% Iron (FE)......................1.2% Cobalt (Co).............0.05% Manganese (Mn)......1.2% Molybdenum (M0)..0.1% Zinc................................0.7% Non-plant food ingredients: Humic 40% & Fulvic 10.5%

Bulldog420

Bulldog420

Premium Member
Supporter
Raisins to a soil mix? I would just stick to borax or boric acid personally. Plus, how many grapes equals 1ppm of boron?

MirrorZen

MirrorZen

Micromanaging micronutrients...interesting. Calcium and magnesium deficiencies in soil are common as Bigfoot. Molybdenum and boron chasing...whats next on this crazy channel...chlorine and why it's important.

This is just too detailed and somewhat useless. No offense. The guy in the video even said it. All this stuff is in the soil. Peat moss alone is loaded with magnesium. It just isn't available.

Right?
Why should we learn anything about soil science when we can go to the hydro store and buy all 85 bottles of advanced nutrients.

E5dbbcc3a319e75bab27646c5c2533ed  funny sayings funny memes

Edit: but really though I'm sure 30 yrs ago ppl were telling Ed Rosenthal the same things, not to as you put it chase what they felt was irrelevant information.

Last edited:
Homesteader

Homesteader

How can you even start discussing any of those without understanding the basics of how nutrients work? Nutrient interactions are the glaring reason to understand these. If you don't understand what I am talking about look into Mulder's chart.
Of course organic growers have micro def......
Yes kelp has micros, fish does as well, does that mean we need not learn about the whys and hows? I'm not forcing you to learn anything and you probably already know it all anyhow if you are of the neo-organic wing who disbelieve anything not unicorn manure.

Latest posts

Top Bottom