Understanding Micronutrients

• Thread starter Homesteader
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
OkieThunder

OkieThunder

Wow! Saying biology doesn't add anything to your soil is ludicrous!!

Ever hear of something called enzymes?? Protein chains??? How about amino acids??? Ya think those might be important?? LOL!

Freaking entire books have been written on the subject.....classes taught across the globe!!! LMAO!!

Talk about your misunderstanding of how and why nutrients work in soil......macro and micro.

This is one sad thread......Unless of course you believe in magic and unicorns.
Could you be more rude about it?

fishbuds

fishbuds

no doubt, 'cool' people are at a premium these days, but we're just joking around here. dont take it personally, for sure.

most plants dont need massive amount of micronutients, what they need is, whatever the levels in the soil are, the ability to access them.

i think that is what the bio master was trying to say. there is so much more to this than levels, biodiversity plays a big part in any soil grow. some use fresh worm castings liberally. the worms poops out a bunch of micros and macro nutrients too, and they make all the nutrients available to your plant. provided your medium is friendly and holding a decent ph level. some add enzymes too along with amino acids, silica, and a host of other things, in particular biochar.

bio char is the unsung hero in an organic soil grow. you want some micro nutients? throw some clean fresh biochar in your mix.

i dont know if any of that helps, but i tried to be far less 'pokey', and add a little goodness to your quest.

Homesteader

Homesteader

Ever hear of something called enzymes?? Protein chains??? How about amino acids??? Ya think those might be important?? LOL!

Freaking entire books have been written on the subject.....classes taught across the globe!!! LMAO!!

Talk about your misunderstanding of how and why nutrients work in soil......macro and micro.

What are you talking about?
Biology doesn't add to your soil? Who said that?

MilkyTrichomes

MilkyTrichomes

Yes it does dictate co2 uptake. Plants control stomata. When a plant is overheated stomata close to reduce respiration. Plants signal nutrients via root exudation. Sugar signalling. Sources and sinks. Why does a plant naturally fade in LOS? Guys don't use langbeinite in their soil mix. If they do that's their follie. Langeinite makes a great folar feed. Bubbled in water for 36 hours. I never add it to my soil.

I am down to 0 sulfate. I don't use protekt anymore. I use grow-sil. Extracted from rice hulls.
Please explain the langbeinite comment, I have added to the soil before, my thinking was it would be a good source of K. I had nothing to go on but the npk of 0-0-22. I don’t doubt you- please share your insight.

P

Petrochemical

Supporter
Homie.......u mind if I call u homie? Homesteader can I share some in your thread that's germaine to the topic?

P

Petrochemical

Supporter
most plants dont need massive amount of micronutients, what they need is......

To be fed according to its needs and kept the fuk alone to adjust to its environment etc etc light ..if my 20 years in dirt is any clue......

P

Petrochemical

Supporter
19 mg per kg........6 prunes = 58 raisins.....ahhh fuck it. Ill stick with TM7
You could always feed em to red wigglers and harvest that poop! Yeah?
Here
20211004 102401
20211004 102414
20211004 102428
20211004 102503
20211004 102453
20211004 102436

I apologize for my camera skills

P

Petrochemical

Supporter
I'm a boy I'm a boy but my mom won't admit it. Lmaop
RDT 20220104 0745077100541327264803000

Hopefully those posts help someone, sure beats watching TV....reading those agriculture school books. Dude I'll go right up to the local university and immerse myself lmao not always planned or welcomed lmao but I love to learn

Homesteader

Homesteader

I don't do anything for micronutrients and I totally agree about the quantity being minute but I like to understand why things happen and posted this for others who do as well. Its not really meant for people to use it to chase a deficiency or anything.

Kinyan_ob_WakanTakan

Kinyan_ob_WakanTakan

How can you even start discussing any of those without understanding the basics of how nutrients work? Nutrient interactions are the glaring reason to understand these. If you don't understand what I am talking about look into Mulder's chart.
Of course organic growers have micro def......
Yes kelp has micros, fish does as well, does that mean we need not learn about the whys and hows? I'm not forcing you to learn anything and you probably already know it all anyhow if you are of the neo-organic wing who disbelieve anything not unicorn manure.
Holy shit. After all my years of believing in Unicorns I found a 5 year old thread that proves it!!! Plus im a fan of great sarcasm so.......

Kinyan_ob_WakanTakan

Kinyan_ob_WakanTakan

Wait. First I thought I had proof that unicorns are real. Here you telling me someone is pulling my horn????

Top Bottom