Understanding Ventilation/Humidity Temps help

• Thread starter ThatRapperWeed
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ThatRapperWeed

ThatRapperWeed

Hey guys, I know this subject can get a bit technical. I have a 6" exhaust and a 4" intake from Vivosun (not great but ok for now) running non stop in my 5x5x6 tent. I'm considering some short interval timers to cut down on the fan use. Would turning them off for 1 minute then running for 2 minutes be sufficient for a schedule? Another option was a device someone suggested that will turn on the fans based on the humidity level. My worry with that device is that not enough fresh air will enter the tent. Thoughts?

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
It’s better to run it at a constant speed imo. If your inline fans have controls this isn’t an issue. While turning them on and off might seem like a good option I think you’ll end up with more issues than turning them down some and running at a lower speed. It’s also easier to keep the temp and humidity in check with a constant flow. Just keep an eye on your parameters and adjust as needed.

ThatRapperWeed

ThatRapperWeed

It’s better to run it at a constant speed imo. If your inline fans have controls this isn’t an issue. While turning them on and off might seem like a good option I think you’ll end up with more issues than turning them down some and running at a lower speed. It’s also easier to keep the temp and humidity in check with a constant flow. Just keep an eye on your parameters and adjust as needed.
Thanks. My exhaust is adjustable so I'll keep running it on low.

Top Bottom