Unexpected early blooms, causes, reversible or just go with it?

• Thread starter nAthAnBRaZ1L
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
nAthAnBRaZ1L

nAthAnBRaZ1L

Have a small mixed grow of a few plants. Indoors, 18 hours light, 6 dark, less than six weeks... all feminized seeds, none auto flower.

Chocolote, Purple Haze, CBD Sour Lemon Haze.

I just noticed that the Chocolote is starting to flower! What? I quickly reviewed my supplies and discovered that I’ve been using the high phosphorus fertilizer instead of the nitrogen one inadvertently, from the start. Doh. It is a small area and I can’t separate the plants.

Would pushing high nitrogen stop this, or do I just give in and change the lighting to 12/12 and early bloom them all, lesson learned?

AndyBoi

AndyBoi

Im a new grower, but based on my research your feed should not induce flowering. Plants use the light cycle to understand the “seasonal” changes.

all plants have been receiving same feed?

I would guess you have an auto-flower plant.

AndyBoi

AndyBoi

Have a small mixed grow of a few plants. Indoors, 18 hours light, 6 dark, less than six weeks... all feminized seeds, none auto flower.

I just noticed that the Chocolote is starting to flower! What? I quickly reviewed my supplies and discovered that I’ve been using the high phosphorus fertilizer instead of the nitrogen one inadvertently, from the start. Doh. It is a small area and I can’t separate the plants.

Would pushing high nitrogen stop this, or do I just give in and change the lighting to 12/12 and early bloom them all, lesson learned?
I would be hesitant to change light cycle for the entire grow. How far along the flowering is it?

If it is an auto flower, feed it the required nutrients, keep it in the tent with the photos and have an early harvest with that one plant?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Is it flowering or is it preflowers because the plants are mature?

Pics please.

nAthAnBRaZ1L

nAthAnBRaZ1L

Thanks for the comments. I pulled out the high power lens and what looked like white pistils may be VERY thin new leaves. Checked junction, no preflowers, whew. Old eyes. Glad that my flowering food hasn’t harmed and no need to revise the grow.

Four plants is all I have room for, so they all get the same light schedule. Cotyledons up on November 3, so set to go 12/12 lighting around early February. Yay, not autoflower, old eyes. But if it was, I see that I should keep to my schedule. The chocolote was free with my minimum order, so can’t complain. Making sure to use high nitrogen food. They are all looking great.

00A92881 15A1 45C3 B93F AC57B7CB96AC
1DDB953F 2F40 45D9 B6FC FC7D106BD315
nAthAnBRaZ1L

nAthAnBRaZ1L

I do have one more in the grow, I had some seeds not germinate, so I was going to ask for a refund, expecting the last of that batch to be the same...so I set it to (not) germinate and it did. So, several weeks behind and in a small pot (no more room) I’m forcing early bloom by putting it in darkness 13 hours. Gives me a chance to try some a month ahead, don’t care about smaller yield. However, its leaf structure does not match the other Purple Haze which is most peculiar.

4B591725 E35F 4641 9570 29ED36C82B75
nAthAnBRaZ1L

nAthAnBRaZ1L

I do have one more in the grow, I had some seeds not germinate, so I was going to ask for a refund, expecting the last of that batch to be the same...so I set it to (not) germinate and it did. So, several weeks behind and in a small pot (no more room) I’m forcing early bloom by putting it in darkness 13 hours. Gives me a chance to try some a month ahead, don’t care about smaller yield. However, its leaf structure does not match the other Purple Haze which is most peculiar.
Ah, no edit. Ok, first picture, second from left is the other PH for comparison. Eh, just having fun growing.

Top Bottom