Unexpected grower seeking guidance and expertise

• Thread starter Earthmuffin78
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Earthmuffin78

Earthmuffin78

Hi farmers! So I acquired some seeds (I believe blk diamond) and wanted to try growing them in the window sill (southwest facing) as Im a plant lover of all kinds. I didn’t really expect a lot as I thought in general they probably need considerably more light. Started them in egg cartons if you can believe it and just with an organic compost soil. 3 plants survived the germination stage and I then transferred to small pots and added a lamp directly above with led bulb, 18/6 light ratio. I use filtered tap water but only when they just become almost dry. My question(s) are, do you think they are too stretched out? Like I don’t know if they look the way they should at 4 weeks from seed..also what do I specifically add to the soil at this point in the way of fertilizer, recommended products/brands? Also when should I bring outside? I was going to get fabric pots for them. It’s starting to get very nice temp wise where I live! Theres so much info online I am feeling a bit overwhelmed. I didn’t want to invest a ton of time/money if they end up being male. I don’t have a ph or ppm tester and super basic language would be appreciated as I am not a sciencey person lol, during Science class I was ironically smoking weed at the canal bank! ;)
Any help would be so very appreciated!
Coco
6EDFF93C-E3FA-4E35-911F-5F866AE08108.jpeg
24D2F7CD-D5AD-4B1E-8735-01F3221E1EB5.jpeg

Last edited:
RealizedReal000

RealizedReal000

If your gonna take em outside put em in a shaded area first to get them acclimated to the environment. It probably wouldn’t hurt to transplant before hand if they have been in those pots for a while. They definitely don’t have enough light ei the stretching is a good indicator.

Earthmuffin78

Earthmuffin78

If your gonna take em outside put em in a shaded area first to get them acclimated to the environment. It probably wouldn’t hurt to transplant before hand if they have been in those pots for a while. They definitely don’t have enough light ei the stretching is a good indicator.
Okay thanks, I appreciate it. I will try to find more info out there. Dont know if they can recover from that stretching. Have a great day!

Earthmuffin78

Earthmuffin78

you think it looks like a hybrid?
Hi there! I Just wanted to update you and let you know my plants really took off after getting them outside and they sure are tall (the fence is 6 feet) but the stalks got super strong so the stretch didn’t effect too much so thanks for your advice. I don’t think these are black diamond tho, my seeds were labeled incorrectly. Do you think they are hybrid? Is there a way to find out what you are growing (sorry if this sounds dumb) lol!!
Hope you are having a good season!!
Coco

6C3C9E63 8D6A 49FE 9B6D C300B75A0BC6
3855326D 97D6 4377 9969 988667287253
FDA9ED7D 09CA 4A5E BF7C F19AB18ABB7A
Edinburgh

Edinburgh

Your plants wont get enough good light in a window, put them outside.

Earthmuffin78

Earthmuffin78

Your plants wont get enough good light in a window, put them outside.
Yeah that was 7 weeks ago I didnt realize when you reply it posts the whole entire thread again, there are current photos outside if you keep scrolling lol

Top Bottom