Unexpected issue - algae in the drain sump

• Thread starter phxazcraig
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
phxazcraig

phxazcraig

In retrospect not surprising as there is a bucket in my tent that always has an inch of water in the bottom. Noticed algae growing in there today, so used a turkey baster to suck it dry, then I washed a gallon of tap water + 2.5ml of 23% h2o2 through it.

I'm running coco and drain to waste, and I like to reuse the runoff to water outdoor plants (not cannabis).

What can I do to keep algae from growing, while not ruining the runoff for other uses? Algae block do the job?

J

Johnnyturbo

In retrospect not surprising as there is a bucket in my tent that always has an inch of water in the bottom. Noticed algae growing in there today, so used a turkey baster to suck it dry, then I washed a gallon of tap water + 2.5ml of 23% h2o2 through it.

I'm running coco and drain to waste, and I like to reuse the runoff to water outdoor plants (not cannabis).

What can I do to keep algae from growing, while not ruining the runoff for other uses? Algae block do the job?
Algae is likely growing if it’s exposed to light ? Clear tubing ? Block it from the light should fix it.

phxazcraig

phxazcraig

Open bucket + clear tubing, all under a big grow light. I'm going to put a cover over the bucket to reduce the light, but it will still get light. I think this one needs chemical treatment.

Maybe as simple as periodically using a syringe to add some H2O2 once a week, or once a day, whatever. I would like to make this as automated and hands-off as I can though, to allow for some travel.

J

Johnnyturbo

Open bucket + clear tubing, all under a big grow light. I'm going to put a cover over the bucket to reduce the light, but it will still get light. I think this one needs chemical treatment.

Maybe as simple as periodically using a syringe to add some H2O2 once a week, or once a day, whatever. I would like to make this as automated and hands-off as I can though, to allow for some travel.
It’s light for sure lol, I had a similar problem

Top Bottom