unflushed buds have to be harvested, what to do...

• Thread starter BuBBleboy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

BuBBleboy

My G13 went into total shock today form the stylet oil I sprayed on it a month ago for a fungus problem... about a week before pull. It is only one water feed (2 days) in on the flush it was on, but now I need to pull it.
A. Should I cut it at the stalk, stick it in a clean DWC bucket, and do a "quick flush" method I have heard of...
B. Pull all the leaves off (they are necrotic all over) and flush the shit out of it with a bunch of water and pull it in a couple days like normal... (make edibles or something out of it...)
C. Water cure
D. Fuck the flush... dry that bitch out before it molds or anything else happens, and make ISO or Butane buddah? (any input on unflushed/disease buds and their affect in solvent extractions appreciated...)

There is no mold spores showing, but it does have a systemic disease (i think rust or septoria). It hasn't touched any buds and it under control. so it is a hard choice, because I don't want to spread mold (if it shows up at all) if all my girls are drying in the same space and the others are fine...

I vote on A or D as of now.... but what do you guys think?

S

Steve Z

i would just chop it and make hash/BHO.

just me though maybe others more experienced can chime in, i've only had to harvest early early once. and i just ended up tossin it in the trim bag lol.

L

LBZ Farmer

I say just put it in the bathroom with a fan on it and flush the crap out of it... Maybe with a flushing agent too???

B

BuBBleboy

hahaha buddahy... your pots make you psychic! just got done choppin it to pieces for a quick trim dry. give ISO a whirl this time I think! despite it being fucked up still maybe have about 2.5oz buds to mess and make concentrate with! I'll fill yll in later, let me know if you have done it before and how it came out best please!

P

Purely Medical

Never done it before. Cant wait to hear how it turns out. Nice work turning a problem into a new treat.

B

BuBBleboy

turned out alright, this time i have flushed stylet treated 707HB buds, and I am looking to do about a 3x longer wash than I did. The flake iso was ok, but my trash plate with the longer wash was more how I like it.... Purged easy enough... I decarbed, this time, and will post and giv a full report soon enough.

true grit

true grit

Just curious how Stylet Oil put plants into shock. Don't ever see that happen or happening unless you treated with Stylet and used another treatment that says not to use within certain time frame of oil/wax based foliar?.... Interested as stylet is pretty much benign and only somewhat effective...

E

edux10

i made BHO with buds that had a fair amount of rot in them. Came out real nice, but i do have to mention later in the week i got a real sore throat and sinus problem. I think it could have even been packing it and getting some of the rot into the air more than from vaping the oil i had made. so idk about doing it, seems like it could get thru but probably nothing too dangerous.

I have made BHO with buds that had a very little amout of rot too and it turned out perfect. Very nice stuff and no ill effects whatsoever. so take you chances.

You dont have to flush to make top notch BHO. Flushing just has to do with the plant materail, BHO is just the trichs.

deadcat

deadcat

I say heat in oven over 100F but under 200F, temps over 100f kill mold, over 212 will activate THC, closer to 200 w/o going over the better. Mold dead, time for flush, since un-flushed buds, go w/water cure, you can definitely use this method w/un-flushed buds. I'd smoke that... But do some googling on this first if you go with my advice, not sure how serious your condition is.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cannabis_cultivation#Curing

E

EACH1TEACH1

chop down as fast as possible. just my opinion. make hash oil or something. good luck in future. watch out with sprays. by the way what spray di that type of damage?

Top Bottom