Unhappy plant. Droopy leaves all the time

• Thread starter GowerX616
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GowerX616

GowerX616

Not sure the deal with this one guys/gals. She's been dropping for the past week or so. I water every 4days. That has been the schedule since seedling stage. She showed signs of life a few times but always droops again. Especially at night she looks like she hasn't had water in weeks. Soil is happy frog, nutes are Flora flex with an e.c of 3.0. Water p.h is 6.2-6.3. Any suggestions will be appreciated!
Unhappy plant droopy leaves all the time 2
Unhappy plant droopy leaves all the time

TSD

TSD

They look over watered and crowded so they may not be getting enough air... do you have a moisture meter? How much are you watering every 4 days? It's best to water when they need it, not on a specific schedule...

GowerX616

GowerX616

I have 2 fans with enough air flow to make all 3 girls dance for dollars lol. I do have a water meter it read all the girls were dry which takes 4 days . I also use the lift method they were very light. I normally water about 1.5 gallons per plant with good run off. I thought maybe light intensity so I turned the light down to 80% but still same.

GowerX616

GowerX616

My other 2 girls love every bit of life lol it's just the one from solfire gardens 🤔

freezeland2

freezeland2

I know what vpd is. What is the vpd in the tent. If the plant isn’t transpiring enough it will look like it’s overwatered.

SchwiftyGrower

SchwiftyGrower

Supporter
I know what vpd is. What is the vpd in the tent. If the plant isn’t transpiring enough it will look like it’s overwatered.
Sorry bro 😎 haven’t had my coffee yet and totally read your post wrong lol 😂

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

It's what it looks like to me.

@GowerX616 what may have been correct watering practices (4 day inervals) has certainly changed. If the plant can't transpire, it doesn't move the water through the pot, the plant, and back into the atmosphere/environment. When this happens, the leaves retain moisture and swell ... they become too heavy for the plant to lift towards the light. This is why your leaves are arching downward towards the soil. Essentially what your plants are saying to you is "I can't breathe." Fix the environment/dial in your watering practices and your plants will come back to vibrant life.

What are your daytime/night time temps and humidity readings? Can you take readings of your leaf temperatures?

TSD

TSD

It's what it looks like to me.

@GowerX616 what may have been correct watering practices (4 day inervals) has certainly changed. If the plant can't transpire, it doesn't move the water through the pot, the plant, and back into the atmosphere/environment. When this happens, the leaves retain moisture and swell ... they become too heavy for the plant to lift towards the light. This is why your leaves are arching downward towards the soil. Essentially what your plants are saying to you is "I can't breathe." Fix the environment/dial in your watering practices and your plants will come back to vibrant life.

What are your daytime/night time temps and humidity readings? Can you take readings of your leaf temperatures?
Yeah they probably aren't transpiring as well as they could be because it's so crowded... I'd thin out some of the big older fan leaves so they can breathe.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Yeah they probably aren't transpiring as well as they could be because it's so crowded... I'd thin out some of the big older fan leaves so they can breathe.
I'm not a fan of over-doing on the pruning so @GowerX616 I'm not talking about major amounts of leaf removal. How much really depends on how your plants have been growing. If they were mine, I would remove the fan leafs that are growing inward towards the main stem. I would also lollipop the bottom of the plant to allow air to flow up from underneath the canopy. I'd also remove lower bud sites that will only produce larfy bud.

This may sound like a lot of pruning but its really not. It's a process I start early and never completely stop all grow long. Air flow through the plant is critical. You're using a fan ... now remove a few leaves from each of the plants to improve air flow. Do a little at a time. Space permitting, you can also use pipe cleaners or other items to pull branches a part from one another to allow better airflow. I do a lot of super cropping, which if you're comfortable doing it ... its a great way to open up your plants for more air.

freezeland2

freezeland2

I'm not a fan of over-doing on the pruning so @GowerX616 I'm not talking about major amounts of leaf removal. How much really depends on how your plants have been growing. If they were mine, I would remove the fan leafs that are growing inward towards the main stem. I would also lollipop the bottom of the plant to allow air to flow up from underneath the canopy. I'd also remove lower bud sites that will only produce larfy bud.

This may sound like a lot of pruning but its really not. It's a process I start early and never completely stop all grow long. Air flow through the plant is critical. You're using a fan ... now remove a few leaves from each of the plants to improve air flow. Do a little at a time. Space permitting, you can also use pipe cleaners or other items to pull branches a part from one another to allow better airflow. I do a lot of super cropping, which if you're comfortable doing it ... its a great way to open up your plants for more air.
I haven’t seen temp & rh levels. It might be As simple as a small tweak to one or the other, or both.

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Rotate it to where the nonproblematic plants are and see if it perks up.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

I haven’t seen temp & rh levels. It might be As simple as a small tweak to one or the other, or both.
Exactly. He's probably not far off from where he should be ... just not close enough for his plants to be at their happiest.

Before he does anything, he should know what the plant's environmental numbers are. Dialing in the environment so that the plants are transpiring properly will make a huge difference in how they look.

Either way, the plants could use some pruning for air flow. Most plants benefit to better breathing.

Top Bottom