Uninvited guest!

• Thread starter hps4891
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
hps4891

hps4891

Never had this problem b4 in all my years! Check THIS m'fkr out! I suspect it crawled in the house up my exhaust which vents out under the house. Good thing I watered yesterday cuz had the door shut 4 a day now to keep it in there. Its runnin in the teens n 20s (F) here at nite so I guess the lil bastard tryna warm up. NOT IN MY GROW ROOM IT AINT! I have a wire live trap so imma trap it wit som catfood then let it loose in the yard (for reference I live WAY out n the country). I don't suspect it'll b back after that cuz what my pitbull bitch does to him after thats none of my business! Good riddance! Also if you cant tell, issa BIG @$$ possum which are pests here and carry a lot of disease.

Uninvited guest
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

That sucks. Need a screen to keep them out.

I had a flying squirrel fall in my chimney and it busted through my insulation board and i to my basement. Took 2 days to get it out. Freaky looking bat like thing.

Now i have a metal plate over the access.

hps4891

hps4891

Possums eat ticks and are immune from rabies.
Yes I get the tick thing but so many other things eat ticks too & around here possums eat mainly trash. To me, them being tick eaters is a small plus inna much larger field of minuses. Also I wasnt referring to rabies, theres a host of other diseases they can carry such as EPM and MANY others. But, just so you know they actually arent immune to rabies per se, its just VERY difficult for them to contract it (as with most things with naked tails/rodent family).

hps4891

hps4891

That sucks. Need a screen to keep them out.

I had a flying squirrel fall in my chimney and it busted through my insulation board and i to my basement. Took 2 days to get it out. Freaky looking bat like thing.

Now i have a metal plate over the access.
Oh man thats crazy a flying squirrel?! What area roughly do u live? Im in the southeast US. Ok u see thats the thing, I had a strong screen at the end of the ducting and over the hole in the floor. Staple gunned AND duct taped down, guess he just busted the screens? Any suggestions as to what I should put over my floor hole b4 I reconnect the ducting, so that this doesn't happen again? Thanks!

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Oh man thats crazy a flying squirrel?! What area roughly do u live? Im in the southeast US. Ok u see thats the thing, I had a strong screen at the end of the ducting and over the hole in the floor. Staple gunned AND duct taped down, guess he just busted the screens? Any suggestions as to what I should put over my floor hole b4 I reconnect the ducting, so that this doesn't happen again? Thanks!

Im in the woods near lake michigan.

And wow. Went through metal screens? Try a heavier guage screen? I really dont know. I have been here a while but i am no authority on this stuff.

greenscholar

greenscholar

Possums aren't that bad. Your gonna let your gonna dog play with it? Thats cool. Put some leather gloves on and grab. Not far enough out in the country if your afraid of a little possum. IMHO

Moshmen

Moshmen

Im in the woods near lake michigan.

And wow. Went through metal screens? Try a heavier guage screen? I really dont know. I have been here a while but i am no authority on this stuff.
[/QUOTE
Possums aren't that bad. Your gonna let your gonna dog play with it? Thats cool. Put some leather gloves on and grab. Not far enough out in the country if your afraid of a little possum. IMHO
Just ugly they are really harmless

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

make a noose on the end of a rod,grab that bitch,get out your house man ,reguardless of the he man thoery ,those are nasty bastards and full of diese,i suggest cleaning shit out the room too,forget the dog thing unless you just dont care for the dog and hope you care for the dog,those are the ground buzzards of the woods and act acordinally,they eat any and every thing
keep in mind if you let it live it will be in some ones else house maybe having kids,your call ,it would find the iron pipe here,even a buzzrd wait a couple days before eating nasty bastards

hps4891

hps4891

Not afraid bruh, disgusted. Diseases
😝 I got kids & animals so I aint gon have nothn that nasty runnin round my property. Dog played with him aight lol lil nasty aint like her kinda games tho, she play 2 the death 😂 (fully vaccinated btw & i did get her boosters afterwards)

Last edited:
hps4891

hps4891

Not so harmless when they enter through the exhaust.

If it was my grow it could have come all the way into my glass enclosed air cooled reflector.
💯 bruh! I have 1 of them as well. But also have a inline between the reflector and the screens pulling air out. So if sumthn was 2 crawl that far up it then itd run into that fan b4 it got 2 the reflector.

hps4891

hps4891

make a noose on the end of a rod,grab that bitch,get out your house man ,reguardless of the he man thoery ,those are nasty bastards and full of diese,i suggest cleaning shit out the room too,forget the dog thing unless you just dont care for the dog and hope you care for the dog,those are the ground buzzards of the woods and act acordinally,they eat any and every thing
keep in mind if you let it live it will be in some ones else house maybe having kids,your call ,it would find the iron pipe here,even a buzzrd wait a couple days before eating nasty bastards
Its long since been "taken care of", bet that! Im wit ya on the nastiness & diseases. I cleaned with surgical precision after I sent him 2 possum hell (or shud i say my dog did, n she is fully vaccinated i got her boosters after too jus 2 make sure. But she aint have a scratch on her tho). He was disposed of inna dumpster too so if buzzards get 2 it, itll b far off buzzards at least. Also gotta trap set below my exhaust now, problem solved.

Last edited:
oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

last one i had,the bastard had shoulders,mid day right by the house,he turned and started to walk off,i went to follow the bastard,got to the bottom of hill and he turned and growled at me,well the iron bar in hand said hello and he said good buy,it took 3 days for the buzzards to finally eat that son bitch,coming out in day and not even afraid of my dogs ,ya i asume the rabies and took right care of him

Latest posts

Top Bottom