unknowingly pollinated by herm, than took clones?

• Thread starter tealeaf402
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
tealeaf402

tealeaf402

If a female plant is unknowingly polinated from a herm, something like 30 days ago or less, but you took clones weeks later that had flowers and put them back into veg, are these clones going to retain any charastics of the herm plant that polinated it? I would guess that the flower clones that went back into veg are gonna reset the life cycle so these are still the original mother plants. I am not sure though because they once took pollen from a herm. Will it be affected?

BigCube

BigCube

If a female plant is unknowingly polinated from a herm, something like 30 days ago or less, but you took clones weeks later that had flowers and put them back into veg, are these clones going to retain any charastics of the herm plant that polinated it? I would guess that the flower clones that went back into veg are gonna reset the life cycle so these are still the original mother plants. I am not sure though because they once took pollen from a herm. Will it be affected?

No. Unless that plant sexually reproduces no genetics change. Only the seeds would change genetically.

tealeaf402

tealeaf402

No. Unless that plant sexually reproduces no genetics change. Only the seeds would change genetically.

Thank you for your answer to my question. I am very happy to learn this!

What I am wondering is when the clones come out of veg and back into flowering they will not reproduce because they will need to be pollinated again? Also if they herm out it would be only due to stress. This would make sense.

Thanks!!

Top Bottom