Unknown Deficiency / Excess - Gorilla Glue Autos 4 Weeks

• Thread starter Flipperfern6
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Flipperfern6

Flipperfern6

Hey everyone, I have a little bit of closet growing experience but this is my first grow with a proper setup. I'm approx 4 weeks in with 3 Gorilla Glue Autos and I'm getting yellowing and curling lower leaves. I've been using fox farms Grow Big approx every 3rd watering. Any Suggestions??

about 2 weeks ago the dead spot on the right side of the photo appeared. I began feeding Magnesium and it hasn't grown since.

Thanks so much!!

Unknown deficiency  excess   gorilla glue autos 4 weeks
Ponky

Ponky

Trim off the severely damaged leaves. List exactly how you mix and use your water. Including temperatures and hardness. PH etc. And a team of forensic growers should be able to piece it all together.

Include the brands of foods and soil. And how much water how frequently. Maybe get this sorted out.

Greenjourneyman

Greenjourneyman

mag is good you also need Ca.

try diluting the mites just a bit. Looks P/K toxicity a little bit.
try googling about the plant your growing

Flipperfern6

Flipperfern6

Trim off the severely damaged leaves. List exactly how you mix and use your water. Including temperatures and hardness. PH etc. And a team of forensic growers should be able to piece it all together.

Include the brands of foods and soil. And how much water how frequently. Maybe get this sorted out.

Thanks, I'll trim the leaves. I'll warn you that I'm not the most experienced grower and I've not been all too precise with the process but I'll do my best to give a description.

I've been using half a teaspoon of Fox Farms Grow Big mixed into 3 liters of tap water, split between the 3 plants. According to my cities water treatment website, the tap PH is approx 8.0 and hardness is 1-2 gpg (17-34 ppm). I unfortunately do not have PH testing equipment to test my inflow and outflow PH for the plants. The temperature of my grow tent varies throughout the day between 70 and 76 degrees (I have a duct running to a window AC unit that turns on and off). My full watering cans are usually located in the tent so the water temp should be around that too. My humidity in the tent varies from 45-60% as well. I water whenever the soil is dry about an inch deep, usually every 36-48 hours.

I have used Cal/Mag twice in the past 3 weeks to treat what looked to be a magnesium deficiency.

Thanks!

Flipperfern6

Flipperfern6

mag is good you also need Ca.

try diluting the mites just a bit. Looks P/K toxicity a little bit.
try googling about the plant your growing
When I said "Feeding Magnesium" I meant Cal Mag. I also thought it looked close to P/K toxicity. Could this be from overuse of Fox Farms Big Grow? See reply to @Ponky for my ratios

Flipperfern6

Flipperfern6

Thanks, I'll trim the leaves. I'll warn you that I'm not the most experienced grower and I've not been all too precise with the process but I'll do my best to give a description.

I've been using half a teaspoon of Fox Farms Grow Big mixed into 3 liters of tap water, split between the 3 plants. According to my cities water treatment website, the tap PH is approx 8.0 and hardness is 1-2 gpg (17-34 ppm). I unfortunately do not have PH testing equipment to test my inflow and outflow PH for the plants. The temperature of my grow tent varies throughout the day between 70 and 76 degrees (I have a duct running to a window AC unit that turns on and off). My full watering cans are usually located in the tent so the water temp should be around that too. My humidity in the tent varies from 45-60% as well. I water whenever the soil is dry about an inch deep, usually every 36-48 hours.

I have used Cal/Mag twice in the past 3 weeks to treat what looked to be a magnesium deficiency.

Thanks!
The soil is Fox Farms Happy Frog

Ponky

Ponky

Well sounds like you need to use more water. 2 gallons for a 5 gallon pot is sort of a guideline for me. And you need some PH test drops. Very important to stay slightly acidic.

Thegreattattoo143

Thegreattattoo143

Hey everyone, I have a little bit of closet growing experience but this is my first grow with a proper setup. I'm approx 4 weeks in with 3 Gorilla Glue Autos and I'm getting yellowing and curling lower leaves. I've been using fox farms Grow Big approx every 3rd watering. Any Suggestions??

about 2 weeks ago the dead spot on the right side of the photo appeared. I began feeding Magnesium and it hasn't grown since.

Thanks so much!!
Honestly bro I believe it to be from touching the soil while wet.... it happens all the time for inside growers

Flipperfern6

Flipperfern6

Honestly bro I believe it to be from touching the soil while wet.... it happens all the time for inside growers
Huh, never would have thought of that. I do feel the soil for wetness with my finger fairly often. Is that from contaminants on my hands or just agitating the soil around the roots?

Could that really be the source of the problem or do you think there could also be some nutrient deficiencies/ uptake issues?

FATAL

FATAL

Calmag is not calcium. It's calcium Nitrate. You're adding more nitrogen when the plant is telling you NITROGEN FINE JUST NEED CAL BOSS.

That's probably why everyone thinks calcium deficiency is nitrogen claw. Because that's the only calcium suppliment the snake oilers peddle.

ezenzyme

ezenzyme

listen to pokey. Your plants are underwater, the color looks fine but pretty soon your going to need more food. Digging around with your finger isnt a problem unless your getting crazy with it. But lifting your pots is equally as easy i f your worried.Your plants are not under fed or in need of hydro store snake juice. Under watering can cause a slew of issues, best to start with the glaringly obvious problems. First pick up your pots and remember how heavy they are. You can even weigh them if you want. To find out how much water you will need you can water slowly until run off, your soil looks rather dry and if i can tell that from the photo your media is hydrophobic on top no question. Your going to want to water cup by cup allowing it to absorb fully before adding more, the soil drys back and leaves gaps in between the pot, dumping two gal of water on it will just run off the sides. Do this until you have a small amount of run off, and only do this this one time, you do not want run off. After your plants are hydrated watch them, over the next few hours they will start to perk up, or pray, rising their top leaves up. Watch for this change carefully, and then in the days to come watch how the leaves start to drop from praying and water based upon what your plants are telling you. No calculation can tell you how much water a plant needs, and those needs will constantly change, you must learn to read your plants. Now with your hydrated vessel pick it up and feel the difference.

Flipperfern6

Flipperfern6

listen to pokey. Your plants are underwater, the color looks fine but pretty soon your going to need more food. Digging around with your finger isnt a problem unless your getting crazy with it. But lifting your pots is equally as easy i f your worried.Your plants are not under fed or in need of hydro store snake juice. Under watering can cause a slew of issues, best to start with the glaringly obvious problems. First pick up your pots and remember how heavy they are. You can even weigh them if you want. To find out how much water you will need you can water slowly until run off, your soil looks rather dry and if i can tell that from the photo your media is hydrophobic on top no question. Your going to want to water cup by cup allowing it to absorb fully before adding more, the soil drys back and leaves gaps in between the pot, dumping two gal of water on it will just run off the sides. Do this until you have a small amount of run off, and only do this this one time, you do not want run off. After your plants are hydrated watch them, over the next few hours they will start to perk up, or pray, rising their top leaves up. Watch for this change carefully, and then in the days to come watch how the leaves start to drop from praying and water based upon what your plants are telling you. No calculation can tell you how much water a plant needs, and those needs will constantly change, you must learn to read your plants. Now with your hydrated vessel pick it up and feel the difference.

Awesome, thats an easy fix. I've had overwatering issues with past grows so I was hesitant to dump gallons on them this time.

Flipperfern6

Flipperfern6

Awesome, thats an easy fix. I've had overwatering issues with past grows so I was hesitant to dump gallons on them this time.
It looks extra dry on the picture because I assumed it was a nute problem and was holding off on watering until I got a response from you guys. I gave them a ton of water (No nutes) yesterday when I saw Ponky's reply.

Is tap water okay??

GarrPhunk

GarrPhunk

I’m using FF Coco Loco and there nutes. Recently had some issues - all from watering !
Definitely need to get runoff with their products and mix lighter than their recommendations- my build up was terrible, amazed I didn’t fry the plants, but it definitely slowed them down! And mine showed signs of N toxicity - couple of plain water 20-25% run offs and a flush w/ FF Sledge Hammer and them seem to improving.
I’m no expert by any means but I don’t think your plants look bad. Definitely would not take drastic measures - a little adjustment at a time has worked for me so far. Again not an expert and some of these guys really!!!

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

Prune off dead leaves, raise light a bit, flush plants check ph fix if nessasary,, at 4 weeks you can feed i do it at 3 weeks or 3 sets witchever comes first, you are in my humble opinion overfeeding, autos are notoriously easy to burn, i use botanacare pro grow 1ml per gal waterd down, with autos you feed a 1/4 or less of recommend dose, in fact if your useing a good medium like fox farm feeding is pretty much optional, but botanacare pro is just fish mulch and nitro, autos are completely different animals from a photoperid plant and are not run the same, there very touchy and if something goes south you have a small widow to fix. They allso do not like stress like tranplanting, a hot mix, over watering and over feeding temp and rh swings, And that pic is an auto at 12 weeks. The seed banks say autos are easy and for beginners there different but i have had more problems with autos than i ever did with my outdoors plants, if your gonna run autos go with Methisto there is a reason they allways sell out in minutes, seeds here now has 1 strain for sale buble gum × white widow good stuff. Most of my problems are breeders not getting there crosses right, but once i found Methisto my problems pretty much disappeared and other than Meth do not buy f2 autos they are unstable and need to be brought further along, pick a breeder and when you find 1 you like stick with them.

20210801 093921
brittfield

brittfield

do the leaves sit in the soil like that after you water? that's begging for fungus and bacteria

Latest posts

Top Bottom