Unknown red substance and leaf spotting? Any ideas?

• Thread starter OddersUK
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
O

OddersUK

Hi everyone, hope everyones Gardens are happy today. So, a brief intro. I am growing indoors, fairly new to it. I am growing Pyote cookies and Tangerine Dream both by Barney's, in Coco 60/40 mix.
1000w solistek lights.
Hand feeding through material 12ltr pots twice daily.
PH 6.0.
Using Buddha tree Coco A and B as base nutrient. 2ml per ltr of each
Cal mag- 1ml per ltr.
PK 9/18- 0.25ml per ltr.
Recently added Honeycombe_1ml per ltr

Day 27 of flower, all was going well until last week. Noticed spots on leaves looked similar to a mite problem I'd seen on a friends plants before. However I spray regularly. Mixing between incestide soap and a mite specific spray.

Couldn't see any bugs, but sprayed anyway. Spots continued to grow, and in the end small holes appeared. However problem seems to slow and then stop, new growth had no issues. Thought it was done. Then a week later noticed the spots again starting on lower to mid leaves, throughout room. Still no bugs. Sprayed again anyway.

On close inspection, am seeing small red lumps on stems of leaves that are affected. Thought maybe larvae, but no movement under microscope.

Looks kind of sap like.

Read about sap, seems that is a possible answer, but is this a bad thing? And is it related to the leaf spotting. Or is this all just bad Internet research and I have a different problem all together?

Sorry for long description, just hoping it might help diagnose.

Photos attached and more to follow (first images of recent sporting, others of first round of spotting, turned into leaf damage, which stopped spreading after 4 days. Last pic the potential sap/larvae/ misery issue)

Thanks in advance.

Happy gardening. Peace

Unknown red substance and leaf spotting any ideas
Unknown red substance and leaf spotting any ideas 2
Unknown red substance and leaf spotting any ideas 3
Unknown red substance and leaf spotting any ideas 4
Unknown red substance and leaf spotting any ideas 5
Edinburgh

Edinburgh

Could b an infestation, insted of useing soap & pesticide, i strongly urge u to try food grade de earth for pest control as it is organic and will not adversely hurt your plant or the quality of your flower, i would go even further, do not use any pesticide on your plants! Why? Beacuse in the end you are going to inhale it, de earth are fossilized diomites rich in cal and is dirt cheap at most hardware stores, it works like this, it will kill any bug with an exoskeleton in 72 hours, how? The pests get the earth on them it sticks to them and sucks out all the water out of there bodies dehydrating them and killing them dead in 72 hours organically, how to use, you must let your topsoil dry for this to work as it a fine dust, once your topsoil is dry sprinkle thé dust around your plant leave for 72 hours, you can allso lightly dust your fans just dont dust flower, after 72 hours give a light flush and check your ph, this should fix you right up, allso i suggest you buy a box of sticky pads they will trap any pests so you know for shure you have an infestation, i had similar spots on my leaves on my gelato, it was not pests we finally figured out it was swings in my rh, so i pretty much defoliated my plants see pics, but please for your own sake dont use pesticide on something you plan to smoke!

20191008 172156
20191008 172432
20191008 172518
O

OddersUK

Brilliant, thank you.
Wrote a long reply although not sure it posted.

In short, how do I fluch this without it just ending up in my bucket, and covering roots system? Currently only bottom feeding.

Also, interested in the fact that rh swing can cause this kind of spotting, so this may not be an infestation at all?

Tha ks again for great response

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I've seen damage exactly like that caused from pesticides. In my case I was using end-all and pyrethrin spray. I got the exact same spotting and orange goo looking stuff. Thought it was spider mites at first, but narrowed it down to the spray I was using.

Top Bottom