Unknown seedling curl causes… help!

• Thread starter Faunus
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

Faunus

Hey everyone!

Every cycle I get some of my young veg plants to develop a very intense curl and I can never seem to figure it out. Moving the lights up seemed to help and they recovered but sometime I wonder if that coincidence. Sometimes it clears up and they grow big and beautiful but sometimes it doesn’t and it stays stunted.

I’m growing ILGM and Brothers Grimm genetics, DWC, Res temp around 70 - 74 degrees F, hydro guard in use, Lucas formula, 4 air stones, and good ventilation.

I don’t think it’s overwatering because I have a good moisture gap between the res water and the net pot. Some plants are fine and others have severe curl. The roots looks white, healthy, and strong… it completely baffles me and I have no clue what to fix!

Thanks ahead of time for any and all help!
Unknown seedling curl causes help
Unknown seedling curl causes help 2

Buzzzz

Buzzzz

Hey everyone!

Every cycle I get some of my young veg plants to develop a very intense curl and I can never seem to figure it out. Moving the lights up seemed to help and they recovered but sometime I wonder if that coincidence. Sometimes it clears up and they grow big and beautiful but sometimes it doesn’t and it stays stunted.

I’m growing ILGM and Brothers Grimm genetics, DWC, Res temp around 70 - 74 degrees F, hydro guard in use, Lucas formula, 4 air stones, and good ventilation.

I don’t think it’s overwatering because I have a good moisture gap between the res water and the net pot. Some plants are fine and others have severe curl. The roots looks white, healthy, and strong… it completely baffles me and I have no clue what to fix!

Thanks ahead of time for any and all help! View attachment 1261966View attachment 1261967
Mybe not getting enough water or bad solution,the ones not affected seem pale too,maybe run milder solution,monitor Ph

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

The leaves aren't expanding. It's either water isn't getting into the plant fast enough or it's transpiring out of the plant too fast. What's the %RH?

I'm not a hydro grower, so if it's not RH: 🤷‍♂️

F

Faunus

Thank you both for the replies. I think you both might be right about the plant not getting enough water. They are all recovering from being just in their root cube and I always push them until they show deficiency before I get them in the DWC setup.

Once they are in the setup I let the air stones’ bubbles spray the bottom of the net pots and force root growth over time into the res. I think this transition (until the roots can reach the water in the res) gives it just enough water to not wilt but not enough to meet its needs at first. That would make sense why they eventually just recover. Also, the the ones that look the best have roots already touching the res water… so that helps confirm that too.

I always make sure everything is as perfect as possible so this has always puzzled me. I’ll make some changes for the next run and post updates.

Thanks again!

Buzzzz

Buzzzz

Thank you both for the replies. I think you both might be right about the plant not getting enough water. They are all recovering from being just in their root cube and I always push them until they show deficiency before I get them in the DWC setup.

Once they are in the setup I let the air stones’ bubbles spray the bottom of the net pots and force root growth over time into the res. I think this transition (until the roots can reach the water in the res) gives it just enough water to not wilt but not enough to meet its needs at first. That would make sense why they eventually just recover. Also, the the ones that look the best have roots already touching the res water… so that helps confirm that too.

I always make sure everything is as perfect as possible so this has always puzzled me. I’ll make some changes for the next run and post updates.

Thanks again!
Pour some water on them and see if anything happens,they should respond quick.

Top Bottom