Unsure whether to harvest??

• Thread starter SparcOne
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SparcOne

SparcOne

My banana split is looking ready to harvest at 6.5 weeks judging on the pistils looking over mature, Trichomes are only around 5% amber so not 100% sure if I should chop her. My girls got stressed this week due to really high humidity here in Costa Rica. Some are also showing signs of a phosphorus deficiency after the humid/heat stress. I’m tossing up whether to cut the whole thing or maybe just the crown and let the undergrowth mature a little more. What do you guys think? To look at without a scope it looks past ready and actually not as shiny crystals due to the stress. TIA
Unsure whether to harvest
Unsure whether to harvest 2

SadBadGrower

SadBadGrower

It depends on the high you want....More amber gives a couch lock body high, while cloudy gives a head high. You can always harvest some too and let the other buds go longer.

SparcOne

SparcOne

I’m aware of the Trichome stages thanks mate I was more thrown off by basically all the pistils turning orange while the Trichomes were still in their early stages and if maybe the heat/humidity stress has forced them to finish early or maybe the pistil colour isn’t as accurate a guide to harvesting as I’ve always believed.

THCMonster

THCMonster

Some strains turn orange like that, i use to have one that ended with pretty much red hairs before the tric's were ready.

Its like Sad Bad said, its up to you as the grower want you want out of ur plant... Thats why i pull mine when they are pretty far along, my customers love the couch lock high and think its better. If your doing it for personal you can get pure head high, pure couch lock high, or a beautiful balance of the two, completely up to you!

They look really nice though! Great Job!

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Amber trichomes are degraded and once the thc has degraded into cbn it is not psychoactive anymore. As close to 100% cloudy as possible is peak potency. Peak thc is actually when the trichs are full clearish and standing tall and bulbous. We go to cloudy to be sure the whole plant has matured. But cloudy is the beginning of degradation.

The high is more strain dependent on the plants “recipe” of canabanoids.

Nugg

Nugg

Amber trichomes are degraded and once the thc has degraded into cbn it is not psychoactive anymore. As close to 100% cloudy as possible is peak potency. Peak thc is actually when the trichs are full clearish and standing tall and bulbous. We go to cloudy to be sure the whole plant has matured. But cloudy is the beginning of degradation.

He said it all..

SparcOne

SparcOne

Some strains turn orange like that, i use to have one that ended with pretty much red hairs before the tric's were ready.

Its like Sad Bad said, its up to you as the grower want you want out of ur plant... Thats why i pull mine when they are pretty far along, my customers love the couch lock high and think its better. If your doing it for personal you can get pure head high, pure couch lock high, or a beautiful balance of the two, completely up to you!

They look really nice though! Great Job!

Thanks mate that’s what I was curious about so I’ll let them go a bit longer, it’s meant to go at least 9 weeks so I didn’t want to chop early if I didn’t have to and loose the extra weight stacked in the final weeks.

SparcOne

SparcOne

Good info thank you, that was my understanding that the Trichomes will start to lay down once past maturity and I thought I noticed a less crystaly appearance on the main head and with the fast maturing pistils I thought maybe heat stress had forced her to finish early but I’ll let it go for now 🤙🏽

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Good info thank you, that was my understanding that the Trichomes will start to lay down once past maturity and I thought I noticed a less crystaly appearance on the main head and with the fast maturing pistils I thought maybe heat stress had forced her to finish early but I’ll let it go for now 🤙🏽

Well they bend first from the weight of the head full of oil but once they are dented amd brown its too late.

SparcOne

SparcOne

Ok that makes sense that they start to loose the ‘shine’ as the they turn from cloudy to brown not from the bending of the weight

visajoe1

visajoe1

When in doubt, run it another week and take a look again. Worked for me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom