Unusual many and small yellow leaves

• Thread starter Todd85
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Todd85

Todd85

Hey,

first post here. I had a quick search in the forum but couldn't find anything exactly matching.

I currently grow northern lights in a tent.
I grow hydroponic dwc and always have a pH around 6.5 (7 in rare cases).

Its now the second time, that my plant starts growing a huge load of leaves, but very small, and they all start getting yellow from the outside. Some look super dry and wrinkled but most of them look quike healthy.

The plant grows indoors in a tent, without soil, roots look white and healthy and I can't detect any bugs, which in this growing environment would be a rare case anyways.

Can you give me a clue on what cause the problem?

Any hint is appreciated.
Sorry for my english, I hope it's understandable what's going on.

Thanks in advance
BR
Todd

Unusual many and small yellow leaves
Unusual many and small yellow leaves 2
Pushrod Monkey

Pushrod Monkey

It would appear your pH was higher for longer than you thought. It’s not taking up nitrogen and I would guess it’s from the pH being 7 or possibly more. How sure are you about your measurements? Your meter?

Todd85

Todd85

Hey, thanks for your reply,
I have a pH meter and double check with a pH messure fluid that came with my fertilizer.

The fluid and the meter were always pretty similar in numbers.

You have a good point though, the pH meter was not the most expensive.
Maybe I have to upgrade and see if it betters.

The plant next to it gets the same solution and looks pretty healthy. She is a bit younger though. Maybe the deformation kicks in in a later stage of growth?

Thanks again for your advice.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Shouldn't your pH be down around 5.8? This isn't soil.

Todd85

Todd85

5.5 to 6.5 is fine, 5.8 is spot on.
I'm always a bit shy about throwing in too much acid ;) so I try at or just under 6.5

Anyways 6.5 shouldn't give you that picture, I guess my calibration is wrong and I was more around a 7 to 7. something.

I bought new calibration fluid and will check if that's gonna better the situation.

Top Bottom