upcycling Ideas for future grows

• Thread starter Southernuncle21
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Southernuncle21

Southernuncle21

I am big on organics and upcycling. I have been trying to experiment with different styles of growing. Right now my current interest are upcycling different materials for pots. So far what I have come up with is upcycling tires by drilling Holes in the sidewalls of tires and stack them on top of each other and connect them so they won't fall apart and filling them with soil and then putting my plants in there. I have a bunch of chickens and geese and we have these huge 50 lb bags that are empty and instead of throwing them away or burning them or anything like that. I have been filling them full of soil which I'm stabbing holes, they holds roughly about 10 gallons to 20 gallons of soil and I stab holes in the bottom for drainage of course. I've even went as far as trying to find some old logs that are rotted in the middle and hollowed out cutting them to a certain length and then trying to hollow them out a little bit more and put soil in there. So as the log decomposes over time it adds nutrients to the soil. But if anybody else has any idea on any other thing that is common for upcycling, I would like to see your ideas. I don't mind spending money on smart pots or fabric pots, but as we all are aware there are tons and tons of waste out there and I'm trying to figure out how to reuse it for my cannabis grow to lessen the footprint on the earth. Plus some of the materials that I found. I'm unsure if there's any harmful chemicals that can be absorbed into my plants or leeches out and harms the environment.

Top Bottom