UPDATE and a possibly dumb question

• Thread starter TwitchVee
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
TwitchVee

TwitchVee

Okay, so I thought i'd update everybody. 5x5, SF7000 + G8LED 90W (90 watt added two days ago) supplemental red, co2, open environment and it's been mainly 79f-85f during daylight hours @ 53RH until I dropped my RH under 50 a couple days ago(finally spent the money on the portable air unit and ordered a gorilla 5x5) I know it's a little hot, but we're flowering, starting the 9th week from beans in around 3 days. Feeding with the entire humboldt's line up now, but started and vegged with foxfarms because it was on hand, i'm in ocean forest. These two are both Pineapple Express #2 autos. I've got maybe 40-50% hairs browning, trichomes are still mostly clear/partly clouding up. The stems and leaf stems were purple throughout the later parts of veg and got really dark purple as it went, (i assumed it was light related), but now I finally raised my light(it was maxed, had to help it out) back to spec because it had been to close for the blue dream and today I noticed the leaves around my buds are turning purple just around the very outside edge of the leaves.(two left pics, but it's under red light) You can't really see it in my photos but that's my question, is that purple just the phenotype? (I notice the one I LST'd is making dense, frosty nugs and purple more on the stems and leaf stems(two left pics) and the one I didn't do anything to(two left pics) is yielding better, but slightly looser buds still in a totally different formation with more haairs and purple on the outside edges of the leaves) or is it a good/bad thing/stress related? Good luck following that, but you get the idea!

Update and a possibly dumb question
Update and a possibly dumb question 2
Update and a possibly dumb question 3
Update and a possibly dumb question 4
TwitchVee

TwitchVee

Okay, so I thought i'd update everybody. 5x5, SF7000 + G8LED 90W (90 watt added two days ago) supplemental red, co2, open environment and it's been mainly 79f-85f during daylight hours @ 53RH until I dropped my RH under 50 a couple days ago(finally spent the money on the portable air unit and ordered a gorilla 5x5) I know it's a little hot, but we're flowering, starting the 9th week from beans in around 3 days. Feeding with the entire humboldt's line up now, but started and vegged with foxfarms because it was on hand, i'm in ocean forest. These two are both Pineapple Express #2 autos. I've got maybe 40-50% hairs browning, trichomes are still mostly clear/partly clouding up. The stems and leaf stems were purple throughout the later parts of veg and got really dark purple as it went, (i assumed it was light related), but now I finally raised my light(it was maxed, had to help it out) back to spec because it had been to close for the blue dream and today I noticed the leaves around my buds are turning purple just around the very outside edge of the leaves.(two left pics, but it's under red light) You can't really see it in my photos but that's my question, is that purple just the phenotype? (I notice the one I LST'd is making dense, frosty nugs and purple more on the stems and leaf stems(two left pics) and the one I didn't do anything to(two left pics) is yielding better, but slightly looser buds still in a totally different formation with more haairs and purple on the outside edges of the leaves) or is it a good/bad thing/stress related? Good luck following that, but you get the idea!
*UPDATE* this appears to have been caused by heat, as I noted trichomes deformed in that area under 100x zoom

Top Bottom