upside down leaves

• Thread starter akhippi
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
akhippi

akhippi

What would make part of a leaf turn upside down and slightly wrinkle?It stays green and plant is healthy looking.Just a couple of leaves here and there do it.

M

Motherhugger

What would make part of a leaf turn upside down and slightly wrinkle?It stays green and plant is healthy looking.Just a couple of leaves here and there do it.

Huh. This is one I haven't heard of or thought of before. I'm guessing the leaves are just stressed in some way or they've getting too much light.

But if that was the case, the whole plant might be affected.

Are you foliar feeding? Uneven spraying might be causing troubles too.

So long as the leaves are looking green and the plant is thriving, that's usually a sign that you're going to be fine.

Good question for newbies to see! :stonedsmilie:

akhippi

akhippi

No,completely by hand just at base.Like I said,everything is nice and green.Thanx f/ the input.

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
could be a fan or to much wind or the way the were positioned. and once its been a certain way for a few days or more it tends to stay that way. as you eleminate whatever is keeping it that way it will go back to normal

S

saltr

This is going on with one of my babies as well. While the leaf structure looks normal, one blade is inverted at the end of it's midrib. I attributed this to the fact that I needed to travel with this plant, during which it was in a big plastic bag and the inverted blade probably got tangled-up and then set. No other abnormalities appear on the plant and i've never seen this occur otherwise.

E

edux10

its hungry for mg if you leaf gets twisted upside down. usually it happens to the blades for me.

D

DanielSon88

maybe its doing some hard re-vegging. Where it doesnt want to bloom into a leaf so it tries to curn in on itself? let em grow man it will work out

Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

If your fan leaves are twisting it is from your PH being outa wack. Try flushing with PH'd water a few times and it will help.
I seen this a few times over the years when my PH meter was not calibrated properly. It is also from the Mg not being able to get to the plants in the PH it needs. That is why it seems it needs Mg. If you fix the PH issues you will see it fix itself without adding anything. If you add stuff you can have more of a lock out than you have with the twisted leaves.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
I agree that twisting fans is a ph imbalance - had this happen early in my current run when I used a different coco then what Im used to.

runoff ph was very high - got it down to 6.2 and they are cranking now with no more twists.

smokey is right, just because you show a deficiency doesnt always mean you dont have enough cal in your mix and adding more will compound the problem.

akhippi

akhippi

Thanx f/ all the suggestions guys,will lolook into everything mentioned.

Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

It really will not matter if they un-twist. As long as no more keep showing up then you should be good.
The worst thing you can do when having any kind of defincincy is adding more stuff to combat it. Just use the appropriate PH water of your growing medium till you see it looking better. Than you should start off with a 1/3 dose of nutes and work up from there.

Another thing people do not think of is there water. Find out from your water company what is in there water. Here in Portland they use Chloramine and Chlorine. The problem with the Chloramine is it will NOT evaporate if you let it sit. The only way to get rid of it is by filtering it out or using water conditioners but best to use filters that get rid of it.
Chloramines job is to kill growing stuff in water, Put that in a hydro setup or in your soil and you will have not so great growing plants.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
whats more important is if new grow doesn't twist up on ya

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
if its a nute problem wouldnt he see soem signs besides just a twisted leaf? he said the plants are green and healty looking. is theye a fan blowing on them hard?

Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

Good question. When it has happend to me I could only think of PH being outta whack. That is when i checked my PH meter and found it off and calibrated it back to normal.
From my experience if I have a problem I flush with PH'd water till it comes back and start off with low dose of nutes.
This chart has helped me a little seeing if or what was off.

Try spraying the plant with your Mg stuff and if it is that you can notice in a few days. Or you can spray with epsom salt and have the same effects.

Untitled
xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
nice chart man! one thing i see tho is i keep my ph at 6.3 accroding to the soil chart id be locking out P, cal and Mg. i really do like the idea of this chart alot could these numbers be off?

Top Bottom