Upstate NY weather has me 😬😬😬 what to do?

• Thread starter Adamg762000
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

Adamg762000

Weather forecast for at least the next week SUCKS! .not great during the day and cold at night. they aren’t ready for sure - but do I take ‘em or ride it out and pray
Upstate ny weather has me  what to do
Upstate ny weather has me  what to do 2
Upstate ny weather has me  what to do 3
Upstate ny weather has me  what to do 6
Upstate ny weather has me  what to do 4
Upstate ny weather has me  what to do 5
Upstate ny weather has me  what to do 7

R

ritoMox

My wife is already like - “ummm why is there a 7 foot pot plant outside my formal dining room window hahaha not sure how she would feel about a make shift green house to go with it 😂😂
Man, brother, I feel you on that!😂 Good luck on whichever direction you go✌️

TSD

TSD

Same boat my friend. I've been out every morning inspecting, shaking out and blow drying with a leaf blower. We do not live in the best climate for budding, that's for sure. Fyi, Lowes has small electric leaf blowers for under 50 bucks. I used to be in the "people that use leaf blowers are assholes " camp, now I'm out there at 730 am on a Saturday, wearing noise canceling headphones and smoking my vape not giving a single fuck. 🤣 Gotta do what you gotta do to get to the end. Last year I made a makeshift roof, with fans, and I think it made it worse honestly, all the humidity got trapped and the botrytis blew up. So far so good this year, couple tiny spots, but this next week does not look promising. Good luck!

A

Adamg762000

Same boat my friend. I've been out every morning inspecting, shaking out and blow drying with a leaf blower. We do not live in the best climate for budding, that's for sure. Fyi, Lowes has small electric leaf blowers for under 50 bucks. I used to be in the "people that use leaf blowers are assholes " camp, now I'm out there at 730 am on a Saturday, wearing noise canceling headphones and smoking my vape not giving a single fuck. 🤣 Gotta do what you gotta do to get to the end. Last year I made a makeshift roof, with fans, and I think it made it worse honestly, all the humidity got trapped and the botrytis blew up. So far so good this year, couple tiny spots, but this next week does not look promising. Good luck!
I’ve been shaking and blowing multiple times throughout the day when I can - that sounds weird lol . But yeah… Ive got a fair bit of wind where I am as well and my plant isn’t super bushy so good airflow , but still scary after all this damn time. But with the cold - won’t that stunt them anyways (this is my first attempt btw) I have a wedryer and grove bags on order - should be in this coming week , figure I’ll re evaluate then and hope we get some sun instead of all the rain forecasted .. and I guess if I see any signs of bud rot I just chop - better than getting nothing I suppose . Then it’s off to my first indoor grow!

A

Adamg762000

Still not a great weather out look for the next week- my plant has a great purple color to it tho. If temps are going to stay below 60 and drop to 40s at night, is it even worth keeping it going? Won’t growth just stop anyways? To I ride it out or pull out early 😂
552322C1 CA26 45B1 8456 D9FFB2E5F0E1
C6C0BF63 F1B7 4BF4 AF34 435FC53603FB
3B2D923C 92BF 4D38 A87E 76938E24A542

beluga

beluga

Although I prefer hybrids or sativas, our NE climate is not at all suited for them to be exposed to the elements.
If you're not in a greenhouse, it's more worth your time to grow indicas or autos.

The shift in humidity and temperature is really where those fungi start to proliferate; just keep an unflinching eye until you're forced to pull it due to frost... or at the first sign of infection.
Just keep shaking and blowing in the meantime.

Deadstill

Deadstill

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Supporter
There's this stuff I just found at CannaCon called "Silver Bullet" by Key To Life.. It's sulfur, basically. They claim works great for killing/preventing mold, pests, etc. Among other things. Might be worth checking out. I haven't used it yet personally but I will be reviewing it in the near future.

nashobaTHC

nashobaTHC

Ride her out for another 1-2 weeks. If you don’t currently have bud rot or PM , rain is minimal or none, and low temps are in the high 30s to low 40s you can keep them going. Know that you’re definitely not alone. Good luck.

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

I have 3 outside with many weeks to go, just letting them go.
You're closer than i am, just dont shoot yourself in the foot after all that work. Let it ride, you wont be disappointed.

dreamnfox

dreamnfox

Weather forecast for at least the next week SUCKS! .not great during the day and cold at night. they aren’t ready for sure - but do I take ‘em or ride it out and pray View attachment 1285607View attachment 1285608View attachment 1285609View attachment 1285612View attachment 1285610View attachment 1285611View attachment 1285619
Those temps are fine. The plants can tolerate a mild freeze. If it going to get below freezing at night just cover them, preferably with some type of frame so the sheets are not laying right on the buds

A

Adamg762000

Ride her out for another 1-2 weeks. If you don’t currently have bud rot or PM , rain is minimal or none, and low temps are in the high 30s to low 40s you can keep them going. Know that you’re definitely not alone. Good luck.
Rain has been bad but supposed to have dry weather at least until Monday - I guess I’ll just hold Until we are going to have another extended period of rain.
Thanks!

A

Adamg762000

Those temps are fine. The plants can tolerate a mild freeze. If it going to get below freezing at night just cover them, preferably with some type of frame so the sheets are not laying right on the buds
No frost yet - hoping it stays that way for another week

Top Bottom