Urgent - Dark pistils, brown spots in week 3 flower. Russet mites? Lockout? Burn?

• Thread starter j_grows
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
j_grows

j_grows

I'm running a 4x4 no-till bed, amended with shroom compost and worm castings, watered with liquid kelp, Dr. Earth flower girl, silica, and cal-mag. 600W LED about 12-16" from the top of the canopy (max height for this tent).
Just on day 14 of flower and I'm noticing that some of the pistils on the bud sites of my most mature plant are turning amber and even dark orange or brown, while others are still white.

Also noticing some dark spots on the leaves and curling.

I suspect this is a mite problem, particularly russet mites, but the spots have appeared after treating the base of each plant with 3-4 TBSP of diatomaceous earth for isopods.

Is this really russet mites? If so, what can I do now on day 14F? Could it be nute burn, PH lockout, or light burn?

D4prgr3
E2arol4
Epqm04v
Urgent   dark pistils brown spots in week 3 flower russet mites lockout burn 4
Revrngk
Rqqdnqd
Vyrbozj
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
That doesnt look like russet damage. The brown pistils would cause me to go looking for hermaphrodites. The leaf damage looks like a nutrient issue. Possibly not enough K

j_grows

j_grows

You sure it's not mites? Some leaves also look eaten at the ends, and inner cotyledons on the bud sites have some brown/black discoloration if you look closely.

There was a male in the tent that I took out shortly after balls formed, could be from that one or a hermie I guess, but he was only 2 weeks into flowering too before I dealt with him.

If those buds are pollinated, and others aren't, how will that affect my harvest overall for the next 10 weeks of flower?

Could lack of K be from lockout? Been feeding heavily w bloom nutes.

Anthem

Anthem

That doesnt look like russet damage. The brown pistils would cause me to go looking for hermaphrodites. The leaf damage looks like a nutrient issue. Possibly not enough K
Looks like that to me as well Dirtbag. Probably that male pollenated the whole tent. Bummer @j_grows

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
You sure it's not mites? Some leaves also look eaten at the ends, and inner cotyledons on the bud sites have some brown/black discoloration if you look closely.

There was a male in the tent that I took out shortly after balls formed, could be from that one or a hermie I guess, but he was only 2 weeks into flowering too before I dealt with him.

If those buds are pollinated, and others aren't, how will that affect my harvest overall for the next 10 weeks of flower?

Could lack of K be from lockout? Been feeding heavily w bloom nutes.

In that case it could be an overdose ok K. It looks quite similar to a deficiency. That would explain the glossy leaves too, looks like way too much food in general.

As for the plants finishing.. If they are at different stages as it looks some of the ones that dont have buds yet should be fine. But it certainly looks like some of it was pollinated for sure. Those buds will stop growing since theyve done their job already. Reproduction. Theyll just swell as the seeds mature

Isnt no-till meant to be water only?

j_grows

j_grows

Hey guys just wanted to check in again - I'm on day 38 now and none of the plants are seeded at all, buds have grown a ton and burn is nearly gone.

Very happy I didn't chop them early.

Dark colors were likely from burn from foliar spray or maybe mites - been spraying w/ silica and it's gotten much better.

Image0
Image1
Image2
Image3
Pbb nug 2
Top Bottom