Use Autocobs With Photo Strains In A 3x3x6 ?

• Thread starter elcolombiano
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
elcolombiano

elcolombiano

Hello,
i'm thinking about buying the 3x3 autocob kit to get my tent working again (more than 4 years of inactivity). I usually used 600 hps/mh coold hooded in my 3x3x6 tent, and understand this autocob kit should be able to replace that, but what ive seen so far is it's used on auto strains mostly (or indica dominant photos like Gorilla Glue). I mostly have regular-photoperiodic strains, and most are sativa dominant.

So does anyone have experience with autcobs and photoperiodic strains? Are autocobs better for autos or photo-indicas? Would a HLG QB be better for my case?

Any input is appreciated.

elcolombiano

elcolombiano

Qbs are the next thing. They are more efficient. If you have the means to get them, go with qbs.

so plans changed a bit. now i'm in a 2x2 tent. a friend too and he went with just 1 autocob (3500K). so I'm aiming at a QB so we can compare and simply not have the same light hehehe.

What quantum board would work in a 2x2? the HLG 100 seems to be it, right? Any other QB options i shoudl look at other than HLG?

Thanks!

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
so plans changed a bit. now i'm in a 2x2 tent. a friend too and he went with just 1 autocob (3500K). so I'm aiming at a QB so we can compare and simply not have the same light hehehe.

What quantum board would work in a 2x2? the HLG 100 seems to be it, right? Any other QB options i shoudl look at other than HLG?

Thanks!

I’m not using qbs so i cannot give specific numbers but 4 square feet is your total grow area and i would aim for 50w max for square feet. With qbs you can easily get great results with 30 i think. So 2 60 watt boards would be more than enough imho. Both at total output and distribution.

There are chinese one too on aliexpress and alibaba. They are practically the same boards with samsung diodes and all. You just have to be sure the diodes are samsung and not something else. I think Meizhi or Panda Grow on alibaba and aliexpress has them. You can get them cheaper but there is always a risk they may not be authentic samsung diodes.

elcolombiano

elcolombiano

so... i haven't purchased my own light yet for my 2x2... lots of hospital bills, but i'm done paying them and think i have enough money now for my light/s! now i have a question regarding drivers.

my friend with a single autocob in his 2x2 is quite happy and i like his results so far, so i'm very close to purchasing a pair of autocobs, but was reading about HLG's QB 96...
I might go this road instead of the Autocob, but still not sure which driver to get... i assume the HLG-120H-54 would be what i need to meet optimum criteria in my space (30 watts/sqf), but i would really like to be able to dim the qb96 to run it close to half the watts to be able compare it to my friends setup (his autocob runs at aprox 65 watts) and only run the qb96 at 120 watts if i find it necessary for me...

can i do this with the HLG-120H-54A? or is it better to get the B version and additional dimmer? or maybe another driver?

any input is appreciated.

BloodShot

BloodShot

Meanwell HLG-120H series is a 120W AC/DC LED driver featuring the dual mode constant voltage and constant current output. HLG-120H operates from 90 – 305VAC and offers models with different rated voltage ranging between 12V and 54V. Thanks to the high efficiency up to 93.5% and the fanless design, the entire series is able to operate for -40 ~ +80C case temperature under free air convection. The design of metal housing and IP67/IP65 ingress protection level allows this series to fit both indoor and outdoor applications. HLG-120H is equipped with various function options, such as dimming methodologies, so as to provide the optimal design flexibility for LED lighting system.
HLG-120H-54A has onboard potentiometers for voltage and current adjustment.
HLG-120H-54B has leads to attach a potentiometer for adjustment.
Output Voltage Range:27 to 54 VDC

I believe with the A type driver compared to the B type you also get an extra 4 volts which is something.
I use the HLG-320H-54A and it has two screws (voltage and current adjustments) no problems.
Perhaps this link may interest you as well:
https://atreumlighting.com/products...full-spectrum-grow-light-panel-samsung-lm301b

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom