Use for Leftover Plant Material

• Thread starter SweetLeafGrow
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SweetLeafGrow

SweetLeafGrow

So, this might sound like a dumb question, but after making a batch of Rick Simpson Oil, is there any use for the leftover plant material? I looked around the forum and could not find anything on this topic.

I have seen most say this is junk and just throw it away. However, a buddy of mine a couple of years ago had made some infused oil or butter or something like that. When he finished, he buried the leftover plant material in the backyard, don't ask me why. 😂. Anyhow, a few days later his rather large dog started acting really weird and staggering around. My Bro freaked out and rushed the dog to the vet. After examining the dog, the vet says, "What we have here is a case of 'Marijuana Dog'". Apparently this was not the first time he had seen a stoned dog. 🤣. The dog had dug up that stuff and ate it, not sure exactly how much but it was most likely about an ounce.

So obviously there is still something in that material but was curious if that would be the case with a solvent extraction like RSO.

THC aside, I was also curious if this could be used in other ways for the various properties it might still have after extraction. My wife likes to make her own lotions and creams and she might be able to use this stuff it it's of any benefit.

Ponky

Ponky

Well. You could buy a lab set up. Distill your product into its various terpenes and thc and CBN and CBD.. but that's stuff you have to hire people for usually. And once you have that setup you don't really mess around with anything but bulk extraction and mixing. The kids these days just use extractors and hydraulic presses if they want rosin. And science labs to make cartridges. Costs a butt load. I would say it's probably not worth it.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

One winter I made some budder and was straining the hot water/butter mixture through some cheese cloth. I was squeezing as much budder and water out of the weed as possible, cleverly using my bare hands. So I tossed it out the back door, into the cold.

~The Next Day~

The dog in my avatar spent the afternoon out there, and naturally ate the butter-soaked, cheesecloth-wrapped weed. Stoned as fuck. Slept like a log.

Top Bottom