Used 8 sticks of butter, finished with 4 sticks.

• Thread starter WindyRoad
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
W

WindyRoad

Hello. I recently purchased the Infuzium 420 as an upgrade from my crockpot. I followed their recipe 1/4 to 1 oz bud, 1 cup butter and 1 tbsp sunflower lecithin per cup. I made 2 cups, used 1.5 oz buds/trim decarbed and 4 tbsp lecithin. I mistakenly added 2x as much lecithin so I ended up adding 4 more sticks of butter and 1 oz additional herb. When it was done I only had 4 sticks of butter. I used Cabot 🧈 butter. I am not sure if I didn’t filter long enough/good enough or if adding too much lecithin solidified my butter a lot. I used a temp of 180° for 8 hours.

I used 1/2 tsp on an English muffin to try potency. If it’s awfully potent, could I add that butter to new butter and let it melt together to lower the potency or keep as is and when I use it for cooking use that and regular butter? Or maybe the potency is just fine 🤷‍♀️ Thanks for the help.

Thanks for reading such a long post; if you were to do that math for potency would you use the total amount of flower used and the 4 cups as that’s all that was made or the 8 cups when trying to calculate the potency?

Used 8 sticks of butter finished with 4 sticks
Last edited:
josefrahl

josefrahl

I have a Magicalbutter machine which is very similar. The recipe I use is also very similar except it's cooked at 160 for 2 hours. I think yours was overcooked looking at that difference.

Mostlymooses

Mostlymooses

There is likely a large amount of butter still left in your material. I haven't used that particular machine but any time I use a crock pot to do butter I take the remaining material, wrap it in cheesecloth and press out as much liquid as possible while still warm. Usually will take you from 1 cup to 1-1/2 or 1-3/4

TSD

TSD

I have a Magicalbutter machine which is very similar. The recipe I use is also very similar except it's cooked at 160 for 2 hours. I think yours was overcooked looking at that difference.
Yeah I cook mine longer if I want it stronger. If you want to lessen the potency you can just melt it down with some regular butter... but once you cook something and portion it out, it's not as strong as slathering it on toast lol. I use clarified butter and give it a good squeeze... I usually loose about a half cup in the waste. 🤷‍♀️ The extra lecithin may have made it stronger too, that's the point of it, to coax out all the thc.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Hello. I recently purchased the Infuzium 420 as an upgrade from my crockpot. I followed their recipe 1/4 to 1 oz bud, 1 cup butter and 1 tbsp sunflower lecithin per cup. I made 2 cups, used 1.5 oz buds/trim decarbed and 4 tbsp lecithin. I mistakenly added 2x as much lecithin so I ended up adding 4 more sticks of butter and 1 oz additional herb. When it was done I only had 4 sticks of butter. I used Cabot 🧈 butter. I am not sure if I didn’t filter long enough/good enough or if adding too much lecithin solidified my butter a lot. I used a temp of 180° for 8 hours.

I used 1/2 tsp on an English muffin to try potency. If it’s awfully potent, could I add that butter to new butter and let it melt together to lower the potency or keep as is and when I use it for cooking use that and regular butter? Or maybe the potency is just fine 🤷‍♀️ Thanks for the help.

Thanks for reading such a long post; if you were to do that math for potency would you use the total amount of flower used and the 4 cups as that’s all that was made or the 8 cups when trying to calculate the potency?
Hi, not sure about your machine but if you have a potato ricer you can wrap up the waste in cheese cloth and squeeze the crap out of it. Then filter it again through clean cheese cloth.

I'm using Coconut oil now with 2 cups decarbed material & 2 cups of oil. Cooked in a double boiler for 2 hrs making sure the water doesn't run dry. Stirring every half hr. I then Squeeze & strain out then back into the double boiler add chocolate chips, mix, put in molds, let cool. My wife's sleep meds ....

..Back on subject...Cheese Cloth, Squeeze, Strain...enjoy...

HippiHemuli

HippiHemuli

https://food52.com/blog/25230-how-to-make-cannabutter Our experiment in the CW Analytical lab found that 80 to 90 percent of cannabinoids (that’s THC and CBD) infused in the butter after 45 minutes to one hour. I still wondering when almost all stirring 4-8 hours, if their lab test is right that pretty much waste of time and more nasty tasting butter. I would try stirring 1hr next cannabutter, i tested already 2 and 4 hours differences and 4hr tasted more greenier but same potency.

AlfaDog

AlfaDog

Ye when I do 448grams of butter I'm left with about 350-400 I use something equivalent to a mini wine press

steamroller

steamroller

I got 3 1/2 out of 4 sticks back this weekend old school ,no machine .

AlfaDog

AlfaDog

I decarb first on a tray and yank out the good old crookpot after for a long infusing time

W

WindyRoad

Thanks everyone for replying.

In my research the best temperature range to cook Cannabutter is 160°-200°; I’m certain my Cannabutter is not over cooked. I manually set the temperature at 180° because my crockpot is usually that temperature and the butter always comes out great. Thankfully all the butter wasn’t wasted!

I appreciate you all sharing that after filtering you typically get less than you added. I noticed that before when making 2 sticks of butter, I forgot to consider that for some of the ‘missing butter’. I should have been more patient waiting for the butter to drain. Potency test results tell me the butter is more potent than typical for me. I tested 1/2tsp, it hits ~20mg; using the crockpot my butter would typically hits as 6-8 mg/1tsp.

This machine is quite handy. I am not sure yet how I feel about the ‘sludge’ it creates. When I used the crockpot and would stir butter/oil, you would have wilted flower. I would let it dry out and then use the flower in cooking/coffee. This stirs more often, is way more powerful than my wooden spoon and instead of wilted flower pieces, there was sludge.

I just bought a potato ricer to use for extraction. I can see where they help. I received the Infuzium, the potato ricer and new cheesecloth all in the same few days, I was upgrading :) and back at the learning curve.

Last edited:
TSD

TSD

Thanks everyone for replying.

In my research the best temperature range to cook Cannabutter is 160°-200°; I’m certain my Cannabutter is not over cooked. I manually set the temperature at 180° because my crockpot is usually that temperature and the butter always comes out great. Thankfully all the butter wasn’t wasted!

I appreciate you all sharing that after filtering you typically get less than you added. I noticed that before when making 2 sticks of butter, I forgot to consider that for some of the ‘missing butter’. I should have been more patient waiting for the butter to drain. Potency test results tell me the butter is more potent than typical for me. I tested 1/2tsp, it hits atleast as a 20mg. I prefer 5mg/10mg for regular life and pain management.

This machine is quite handy. I am not sure yet how I feel about the ‘sludge’ it creates. When I used the crockpot and would stir butter/oil, you would have wilted flower. I would let it dry out and then use the flower in cooking/coffee. This stirs more often, is way more powerful than my wooden spoon and instead of wilted flower pieces, there was sludge.

I just bought a potato ricer to use for extraction. I can see where they help. I received the Infuzium, the potato ricer and new cheesecloth all in the same few days, I was upgrading :) and back at the learning curve.
I have the magic butter version, which comes w a fine filter, I let it sit attached to a glass measuring cup and drain, I do this on top of my stove with it on, cause if the butter solidifies, obviously it's not draining, then I do a good squeeze, not too much cause then you're just squeezing out chlorophyll which tastes nasty, worth the sacrifice. My machine calls for 160 and 2 hours, I usually do three hours, never 8, which is what I did when I used the stove top. I imagine with that long, more cooks off.

W

WindyRoad

I have the magic butter version, which comes w a fine filter, I let it sit attached to a glass measuring cup and drain, I do this on top of my stove with it on, cause if the butter solidifies, obviously it's not draining, then I do a good squeeze, not too much cause then you're just squeezing out chlorophyll which tastes nasty, worth the sacrifice. My machine calls for 160 and 2 hours, I usually do three hours, never 8, which is what I did when I used the stove top. I imagine with that long, more cooks off.
Thanks for the extraction suggestion. What size measuring cup do you use? I have 1, 2 & 4 cups. The machine recommend using a size 73 filter.

Jose commented and said they use 160° too. Hmm.. 🤔 I might try that temperature just because to see if it hits different.

W

WindyRoad

I have the magic butter version, which comes w a fine filter, I let it sit attached to a glass measuring cup and drain, I do this on top of my stove with it on, cause if the butter solidifies, obviously it's not draining, then I do a good squeeze, not too much cause then you're just squeezing out chlorophyll which tastes nasty, worth the sacrifice. My machine calls for 160 and 2 hours, I usually do three hours, never 8, which is what I did when I used the stove top. I imagine with that long, more cooks off.This ms hine
This machine (Infuzium 420) works similarly to the Magical Butter Machine, the main differences I saw before ordering my is that in this machine you can use as small as 1 cup (MBM 2cup min); the controls read differently and the temperature unit located on the canister instead of as a probe. I’ll need to recheck but the butter default is 160° for 2 hours.

GreenHornet01

GreenHornet01

6 Sticks to get 4 is about what I get too using the Infusium and the Magical Butter Filter Press. If you are using the silicone molds that come with the Infusium, I think they are a bit oversized if filled all the way up. My question is what can you do with the oily sludge after filtering. I assume it tastes nasty? But I also assume its pretty potent? Haven't been brave enough to taste it or cook it into something, usually try to throw it away and clean up as fast as possible. Yuuck

AlfaDog

AlfaDog

For 480grams unsalted butter after the process is done I'm left with 360 but I'm thinking of getting a small 1 gallon or 2 wine press to squeeze it all out

Top Bottom