Used skim milk/water mix for fungicide

• Thread starter DankNugz420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DankNugz420

DankNugz420

Anyone else here used milk instead of fungicide? I had a mildew scare my first run and came across a few write ups so tried it once and I didn't have a problem after.
I dunno if skim is necessary versus whole milk but I think the skim milk is less likely to clog stoma being that you have to spray the entire plant top to bottom.
I used 50/50 skim milk to water ratio. Mix then set in the sun light for like half hour I think, there's some reaction in the lactose from the sun light that makes its like a good natural anti fungal spray.
Spray the plants under and over till they drip early in the light cycle so they get time to dry better.
I dunno what y'all think but it worked for me so I thought I would share lol
Curious if anyone has tried this as well

Last edited:
tobh

tobh

Supporter
Luckily I've never ran into PM or mildew (yet), at least not on cannabis, so I can't speak from first hand experience. That being said, I've seen it said on forums since the days of OG that using milk works great. I should've tried it on my squash this past summer.

From my understanding, the fungus eats the milk instead of the sugars in the plant, gets too fat and lazy to continue to reproduce, and dies off. You know, for the highly scientific explanation for why it works haha.

Unlike smoking banana peels to trip, I think this is one of those old rumors that works. I don't think it'd have as long and continuous propagation across so many forums if it didn't.

DankNugz420

DankNugz420

Right lol I dunno but I do know that I didn't want to use any commercial fungicide with chemicals so I tried milk lol. I've also heard it works on squash, probly other plants too. Never hurts to try somethin natural

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

Yes I use milk in my grows or yogurt works well the PM feeds up on the milk bacteria and get fat n lazy mostly Peter out from being well fed
does the ,milk spray leave a residue on the plant ? i been spraying mine with milk and water pics are after i sprayed with milk and it rained later that night

20210627 125852
20210627 125902
GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
does the ,milk spray leave a residue on the plant ? i been spraying mine with milk and water pics are after i sprayed with milk and it rained later that night
if that’s milk than your good!
plants love milk it’s good for them,
if trying to pervent mildew or treating it than spray the plants on a hot sunny day.. no need to dilute, i use homogenized milk full strength maybe a bit a water to help spray better..

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

if that’s milk than your good!
plants love milk it’s good for them,
if trying to pervent mildew or treating it than spray the plants on a hot sunny day.. no need to dilute, i use homogenized milk full strength maybe a bit a water to help spray better..
thats what i been doing spraying on a sunny day i sprayed yesterday and later that night it rained the plant didnt look this bad before i sprayed it but overnight it got like this

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
thats what i been doing spraying on a sunny day i sprayed yesterday and later that night it rained the plant didnt look this bad before i sprayed it but overnight it got like this
ok by bad you mean the residue left behind by the milk?
that’s fine..

TerpiestToker420

TerpiestToker420

Anybody ever use pgrs soil innoculents I just used it on my outdoor girls supposably it activates the plants defense mechanism and acts as a fungicide, gonna use this along with silica on my outdoor girls that are directly in the ground in kinda a marshy area so trying to do everything I can to strengthen them up before rain season they're in a pretty humid environment so we'll see what happens anybody have any other recommendations

Screenshot 20210627 164146
ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Anyone else here used milk instead of fungicide? I had a mildew scare my first run and came across a few write ups so tried it once and I didn't have a problem after.
I dunno if skim is necessary versus whole milk but I think the skim milk is less likely to clog stoma being that you have to spray the entire plant top to bottom.
I used 50/50 skim milk to water ratio. Mix then set in the sun light for like half hour I think, there's some reaction in the lactose from the sun light that makes its like a good natural anti fungal spray.
Spray the plants under and over till they drip early in the light cycle so they get time to dry better.
I dunno what y'all think but it worked for me so I thought I would share lol
Curious if anyone has tried this as well
I just read about this the other day. I forget the mechanism that causes it, but a 25% milk to water solution helps to prevent molds on plants.

DankNugz420

DankNugz420

I think it's some chemical reaction with lactose and sunlight if I remember right, something changes and basically makes it a natural fungicide of sorts

DankNugz420

DankNugz420

Sup guys, reviving this thread for a minute as im going to attempt using whole milk with little water set in the sun for a few minutes to hopefully do away with some tiny bugs in veg room. From what I've seen in the archives I believe they are thrips but not entirely 100% sure.. they do look like the thrips I've seen in pics. Ive read that milk clogs their breathing orifices and softens their outer shell or whatever you wanna call it lol. I'll post couple pics in a sec.
Anyone else used milk spray for pesticide purposes? Curious how well it works if at all

DankNugz420

DankNugz420

I just noticed it yesterday, smooshed atleast half a dozen of the little buggers and now I don't see any more today but that doesn't mean they're not there. Ive not seen any bugs or eggs or anything on the bottom side of leaves, only brown spots and slimey looking spots almost like snail trail.
20210812 144825
20210812 145313
20210812 144851
20210812 145035

DankNugz420

DankNugz420

80% of these clones were going to be gifts to a friend but now I don't wanna spread bugs to their grow so I'm trying to make sure they're 100% pest free and healthy.

DankNugz420

DankNugz420

Don't mind the big ugly ones in back or the little ugly ones on the right lol

DankNugz420

DankNugz420

I can't find any of the bugs now but can anyone confirm if the damage looks like thrips or is it russets or what? Ive never dealt with pests other than helping a friend spray their plants infested with spider mites like 10 years ago. Any advice is appreciated

DankNugz420

DankNugz420

Thanks bud, sure as shoot looks like thrips from things ive seen online. Hopefully I can get rid of them soon

Top Bottom