Used too much Tiger Bloom, what should I do?

• Thread starter augdawg507
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
augdawg507

augdawg507

Hey all,

My plant is about 2 weeks into flowering and doing great, so I figured now was the time to start providing flower fertilizer. I used Fox Farms Tiger Bloom, but realized pretty quickly I used too much. I figured the cap was about a tablespoon, filled up 2
Caps worth, mixed it in and fed. However, I soon realized each cap is closer to 2-3 tablespoons. As soon as I realized my mistake I did a mini flush to try to get the majority of it out. No idea if it worked. Am I freaking out for nothing? Should I flush further? She’s finally covered in bud sites and I would hate to mess it up now. Any further advice would be super appreciated. It’s my first grow, go easy on me :)

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Hey all,

My plant is about 2 weeks into flowering and doing great, so I figured now was the time to start providing flower fertilizer. I used Fox Farms Tiger Bloom, but realized pretty quickly I used too much. I figured the cap was about a tablespoon, filled up 2
Caps worth, mixed it in and fed. However, I soon realized each cap is closer to 2-3 tablespoons. As soon as I realized my mistake I did a mini flush to try to get the majority of it out. No idea if it worked. Am I freaking out for nothing? Should I flush further? She’s finally covered in bud sites and I would hate to mess it up now. Any further advice would be super appreciated. It’s my first grow, go easy on me :)
if you did a flush than you should be fine.,‘do you have any other flowering nutrients?
tiger bloom might not be the best choice..

augdawg507

augdawg507

if you did a flush than you should be fine.,‘do you have any other flowering nutrients?
tiger bloom might not be the best choice..
No but I can always order more. What do you suggest?

nashobaTHC

nashobaTHC

Don’t worry about the OD. Your flush should be fine. These nutes are made for the occasional “oops” maneuver we all make occasionally.

Blastfact

Blastfact

What's a mini flush? That gives no insight to how much water you put through the grow media. It's like using a bottle cap of unknown capacity to measure out ferts.

augdawg507

augdawg507

What's a mini flush? That gives no insight to how much water you put through the grow media. It's like using a bottle cap of unknown capacity to measure out ferts.
Maybe a gallon? Probably 2? This is for a 2.5 gallon pot. No need to be a dick btw, we aren’t making pharmaceuticals here :) People like you make me hesitant to come back here. I made a slight mistake. Chill out Walter, this isn’t chemistry class. Peace ☮️

Last edited:
Ponky

Ponky

When fixing a plant someone else has grossly overfed I either put it in the bath tub and just use the shower to wash it for several minutes or I use a hose and just it run through. I do this because I don't know how much extra food is there. Then the next time I water I start feeding again. But if the plant isn't looking stressed out it's probably going to be fine.

augdawg507

augdawg507

When fixing a plant someone else has grossly overfed I either put it in the bath tub and just use the shower to wash it for several minutes or I use a hose and just it run through. I do this because I don't know how much extra food is there. Then the next time I water I start feeding again. But if the plant isn't looking stressed out it's probably going to be fine.
This is it this morning. It’s been provided no other nutrients besides those in the soil and the ones last night which I attempted to flush out. I poured water through it till it filled up half a 5 gallon bucket. I was attempting to flush out most of it while l just enough behind. I’m certain this didn’t really work but it’s looking healthy today. I’ll flush again if it shows signs of nute burn.

ECA327FD A9BA 4928 90C3 7FE62DD2A9EE
Ponky

Ponky

It's hard to decipher the color green from a photo and from one screen to the next. But if it doesn't get darker on you I bet you're just fine.

augdawg507

augdawg507

It's hard to decipher the color green from a photo and from one screen to the next. But if it doesn't get darker on you I bet you're just fine.
I’ll keep an eye on it. Right now It’s the same medium shade of green it’s been the whole grow. Thanks for the advice :)

Blastfact

Blastfact

Maybe a gallon? Probably 2? This is for a 2.5 gallon pot. No need to be a dick btw, we aren’t making pharmaceuticals here :) People like you make me hesitant to come back here. I made a slight mistake. Chill out Walter, this isn’t chemistry class. Peace ☮️
Point well taken. Don't worry about me. I know not to use a cap of unknown measure and answer serious questions with general BS. Enjoy your stay. It's a great place! I wont be seeing anymore of your post. And if the block function works well you will never see me again. :)

augdawg507

augdawg507

Point well taken. Don't worry about me. I know not to use a cap of unknown measure and answer serious questions with general BS. Enjoy your stay. It's a great place! I wont be seeing anymore of your post. And if the block function works well you will never see me again. :)
My man, I worked at a nursery for a year and a half. That was standard measurement. Just a cap full for plants above 1 gallon. Believe it or not, not all us young people all stupid!! General BS? I think I was pretty straight to the point. Your times just more important than mine huh? We’ve got questions, we’re inexperienced. You can say: “what do you mean by mini flush? How many gallons do you think you used?” No need to make a backhanded comment. I’ll end it there. But you’re right, everyone else has been lovely.

Top Bottom