Useful seeds Chocolate Diesel F3

• Thread starter JackPine
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
JackPine

JackPine

I picked up a pack of these from GLG this summer and am just starting to jar up/sample some of the results. The seeds were supposed to be regs, but I ended up popping 5/5 females. Could just be my luck. I found them to be fairly easy to grow, nice structure, some hermies but not too bad.

I'm finding 3 pretty distinct phenos: 1 had a very unique kind of spearmint flavor, 2 was more of a pine and 3 had more of the pear type fruit flavor. I kind of regret the fruity one is the one that got cloned, I would have liked the minty one for my breeding projects. The closest strain to this I have grown is GG4 and I compare it favorably in pretty much all aspects other than yield: it is not a particularly productive strain.

I will probably keep this clone around for a little while, at least until I can pop my few remaining seeds and try for a better pheno. On the whole I would recommend it as a great strain for head stash, breeding stock but maybe not for the production oriented grower.

testiclees

testiclees

Just finished a Black Jack x Chocolate Diesel. This is a cut from a fem bean I popped earlier in year. I lost track of time but pretty sure this plant went past 10 weeks on 13/11 schedule
11 29 bj x cd
11 29 bj x cd 1

JackPine

JackPine

Beautiful! A bit more bulk than mine had, but can see the familial resemblance. One of these days I'll get my photo game together...

WaterBear420

WaterBear420

Here's some Useful '91 Christmas at only 4.5 weeks of flower. She's like a disco ball and smells like diesel fuel to me with that pine influence. Nice mellow indica.

9c5 45wks

Kraken.headz

Kraken.headz

Awesome, love to see useful working with this legend of the old forums. He seems to have it pretty locked in, MiMed and me compared photos of his F2's (I think) and my F1 from the original SantaSmoke release. Very little difference to be seen. I can't quite nail down the smell of my F1, it's kind of like parsnips and mountain dew syrup. The flavor is like basil with a hint of pistachio.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
The s1’s of usefuls were nothing like my F1s from Santa smokes charity auction that I had. The F1s I had were superior in every way especially yield and trichome (frostiness) coverage. Terps were wildly different as well with the S1s having a more strawberry diesel terp profile and the F1s more of a chocolate/diesel/tootsie roll terp profile. But that’s my opinion and experience. Never tried the f3s so I can’t comment on those.

Sadly the cops confiscated a half pack of the choco d F1s I had left so I never got a chance to grow the rest of them. Best $200 I ever spent.

Kraken.headz

Kraken.headz

That's funny, to the degree I get the chocolate smell off my cut, it's always tootsie roll to the letter. Such a pretty plant to grow. Big greasy spears of hilarious times with friends and allies.

Top Bottom