Using 3000k, 3500k and 4000k all at once, would it benefit or hurt the plants.

• Thread starter 5again
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
5again

5again

Hello, I recently received a Kingbrite QB board. Long story short I ended up with the newest board that has 3000k and 3500k lights. (HLG550 V4 waterproof led grow light with Samsung LM301H QB board mix cree xpe2 660nm UV IR chips). I have 2 Meijjiu (240w) 4000k that i veg with and now that I was sent a 480w board would there be any benefit in me running one 4000k (240w) and the kingbrite 3000k+3500k 480w in my tent for flower? Id have to dim them a bit, my tent is only a 4x4

R

redshift75

I may be wrong and someone can correct me. But i dont think it would hurt the plants. I think what it is, is at certain times the plant will benefit from one over another. The benefit of adding more lights is the coverage/penetration/intensity you can achieve with more lights even at lower wattage's or output. one spectrum at one time or another might not be the best, but put in the right place can have a ton of benefit that in my opinion is better than nothing. I think that can be said for lots of lighting options in general for the coverage vs intensity/spectrum sort of debate and benefits.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
The "common" wisdom is that vegging plants like blue light and flowering plants like red. The truth is that both are needed for best results, but the addition of the extra reds during flowering seem to produce better bud development. Blue light during flowering (and UV) are thought to increase the THC levels. Your best spectrum is probably the one that most closely mimics the natural sunlight, which includes the full spectrum. Plants love a lot of light... keep in mind that what might seem like a lot of light to your eyes might not be felt the same way by plants... and vice versa. I have had my best results from using HID lighting, but using everything from HPS to 10K MH bulbs... and it works well.

StefanWolf

StefanWolf

I was looking at those kingbrite boards too. Their 660nm and 720nm though is set up like an emrson effect which I don't understand... that should only be used when lights go out. I don't understand their choice in the amount of red diodes, far red and uv. It's uva too.

Their other boards that feature more 660nm seem better... correct me if I'm wrong.

Im trying to learn more about photo red, far red and uv. So far seeing those diodes in that amount on a board seems strange, what could the benfits be why so little photo red? 3000k and 3500k mix spectrum too? Strange...

R

redshift75

I was looking at those kingbrite boards too. Their 660nm and 720nm though is set up like an emrson effect which I don't understand... that should only be used when lights go out. I don't understand their choice in the amount of red diodes, far red and uv. It's uva too.

Their other boards that feature more 660nm seem better... correct me if I'm wrong.

Im trying to learn more about photo red, far red and uv. So far seeing those diodes in that amount on a board seems strange, what could the benfits be why so little photo red? 3000k and 3500k mix spectrum too? Strange...
not to take from kingbrite i just ordered from https://yuanhui-led.en.alibaba.com/...7ad76e9RJfajQ&tracelog=from_orderlist_company

They have one with a switch. got both batches in like 10 days as well. i opted for a custom spectrum mix and blend.

5again

5again

I was upgraded to this board. I like that it has a switch for Ir and UV but honestly i don't get the color spectrum. Im flipping my tent to flower and decided to keep the 4000k board in the tent as i flower. Ill hope for the best

basscaptain

basscaptain

I was upgraded to this board. I like that it has a switch for Ir and UV but honestly i don't get the color spectrum. Im flipping my tent to flower and decided to keep the 4000k board in the tent as i flower. Ill hope for the best
yes you can run them all together AND I WOULD.......................................

the 3000k has less blue... then the 3500k Kingbrite unless it's in Cree............... the 3500k has a blue spike that helps alot............ Run all 3 no big deal... O run alot of diff stuff also......................................................................

StefanWolf

StefanWolf

It would effect the plants differently...

More wattage over all though is a lot of ppfd. So yeah youd have to dim

To much red in veg and you stretch, I know that much.

Flower though having more reds is better... have a better ratio of red light to the rest.

I wouldnt run them all but thats just me.

Im also learning still and exploring what I want to buy.

The lights with spectral controllers seem like some of the best, a board that vegs and blooms isn't all it is... all of the boards can veg and bloom.

At the end of the day of you want to control the plants or just blast them with all you got... it will change your outcome. Just be prepared to use co2 and optimize the other conditions or dim

AnselAdams

AnselAdams

Supporter
no this forum doesnt work with alibabab links. Dont ask me why. better to copy and paste or maybe alibaba sucks with inlinking. IDK

alibaba is a known infiltration site for hackers & malware. Generally only places with advanced pen testing & defense capabilities will handle traffic with them; you have to be on your game once you leave the USofA. btw, your general run of the mill AV software is childs play to them so be careful when dealing with those sites. Their goal is not to trash your computer, but to use it to get to others; ... in your name. 🍻 😎

Be Safe & Happy Growing!

sambapati

sambapati

The "common" wisdom is that vegging plants like blue light and flowering plants like red. The truth is that both are needed for best results, but the addition of the extra reds during flowering seem to produce better bud development. Blue light during flowering (and UV) are thought to increase the THC levels. Your best spectrum is probably the one that most closely mimics the natural sunlight, which includes the full spectrum. Plants love a lot of light... keep in mind that what might seem like a lot of light to your eyes might not be felt the same way by plants... and vice versa. I have had my best results from using HID lighting, but using everything from HPS to 10K MH bulbs... and it works well.
just added a 4 watt red LED bulb into my room in addition to my Mars Hydro T600, 3 blurple lights, 2 lamps, 3 cfls and sun coming in from the window. I'm in week 2 of flower and have absolutely nothing to either compare it to or benchmark against. Extra reds during flowering seem to produce better bud development is what you've said. My strong belief says it will work; Blind Faith is betta than no faith.

Top Bottom