Using a digital scale to know when to water?

• Thread starter ImpulsiveGrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
freezeland2

freezeland2

Scale? Lol. Transplant. Pick up the container. Water an adequate volume with at least 20% of container volume. Then pick it up. Do this enough times and you’ll be able to tell about how much water has been retained. No scale.
I’m using 10g fabric bags on a indoor living soil grow. I ain’t picking those up, lol. Water when the droop. I usually use blumat but not with fabric pots. I have a garden hose hooked up to a spare washing machine supply outlet in the next room. I just got to be careful how high I turn the water on.

OldFarmer

OldFarmer

I’ve seen ppl discuss their strategy when watering young plants. I can’t find the thread about this so I need help! How do you use a digital scale to determine when to water? I’m a new grower and slightly underwatered at first then slightly overwatered. I’m getting it dialed in but would like to incorporate using a scale to know when I should water again. I’m paying attention to what the plants wants by how it reacts but would like some extra help to go along with that. Any and all input welcomed!!!
Hi @ImpulsiveGrower I'm using a digital scale for over 20years
to feed my plants a great tool....I note on the pots the dry soil 450g(need to by really DRY)
and the first time I feed the plant 100g of water=550g
(after 20years I know 550g in these post it perfect)
next day the pots need to by twin 480-500g
I know steal have 30to50g of water in the pots it's perfect
but some pots will have more SUN on the soil so it will by lower at 460g
the plant need more water next day
I go at 580g for the posts in front....next day all will by at 480-500g by for feeding
and slowly with the plants growing up I go up on the water
in flower the plant will have more weight every day....slowly I go up on the water(mix)
the GO UP on the water it's just experience with growing from 20years
and the color of the new leaves on a plant will give me the info on wat she needs or not

Dry soil +clone at 450g😎
P1700792

After the first feeding
P1700802

After 20years of growing😉with a scale
M29c
M29c

JimiSmoth

JimiSmoth

There`s a factor of humidity, light, temperature and the presence of draughts, it all needs to be taken into account when watering. Measuring on scale by itself won't fix your situation, although it's a good help, too. Yes, to some extent it`s a controversial plant, but I e.g. used it when I had problems with my thyroid gland and it helped me. At that time I also found out the importantce of proportions, for that I used the best scale for weed. Do understand, this`s not an ordinary plant and it`s very important not to make mistakes in weighing, so as not to have the opposite effect.

Top Bottom