Using Bush Master is hydro?

• Thread starter Radio_Dread
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

Radio_Dread

Anyone have any info about using humboldt county's own bush master in any hydro systems? when would be the best time to apply and what are the benefits of using it? i got a free sample and dont really know much bout it. i use there gravity alot in late bloom but never have used the bush master. any advice would be great.

thanks

RD:cool0041:

GrowMaster

GrowMaster

Bushmaster

Its just like Advanceds budblood, its to induce flowering, to get them to pop faster, and I sagest using it at quarter strength, and if ur in pure coco DONT use it.....GM

R

Radio_Dread

oh ok so like first week of 12/12 use it to quickin up the flower process?

S

SUPERBABY

Don't use bushmaster in 12/12...

whether or not it helps speed up flowering is under debate, but that isn't what it is for..

it is for helping to keep plants short and bushy..It should be used in the last weeks of veg to help stop stretch when they get flipped to 12/12..

I used it on this run for my Hash Plant that vegged for a loooong time, so I was worried about the stretch....It helped...

it is strong stuff, so less is more..just like the other Humboldt products:)

F

Fred

Premium Member
Supporter
I have used this many times trying to get it right. It really helps controll the stretch on sativas. But the problem is you are manipulating a plant to do what you want. For example a short stout plant that doesn't stretch will not like a dose before it even goes into 12/12. It might be better to let the plant build it's stucture on these type before using it because it stops them in their stracks when used as directed and burns em pretty good too. On my sativas I like it because it brings the bud sites closer together during the stretching period but doesnt stop it completely but I used 1ml/per gal on the day of the flip and again 14 days later and this seems to work for me.. Buds were bushier and closer but this stuff takes a lot of trial and error with each strain. It will burn em if you are not very careful. Don't use with other ferts at the time and maybe raise the light a bit too. Thay are gonna feel that shit.. HAHA

As for speeding up the flowering time...Gravity with Bushmaster will do this. I didn't like it but my motto is "the first one done is the worst one done" so you might like it.

Good Luck. Hope this helps ya!:cool0044:

R

Radio_Dread

well i dont think im going to use it this run. i might try it as a foliar spray for my soil plants

R

Rolln J

if its anything like phosphaload it will really stop vertical growth in bloom and make them stack up - they also will get way more hairs and seems like less thc - especially if you dont use it at at least 1/4 the strength and just a one time feeding

S

SUPERBABY

I have used this many times trying to get it right. It really helps controll the stretch on sativas. But the problem is you are manipulating a plant to do what you want. For example a short stout plant that doesn't stretch will not like a dose before it even goes into 12/12. It might be better to let the plant build it's stucture on these type before using it because it stops them in their stracks when used as directed and burns em pretty good too. On my sativas I like it because it brings the bud sites closer together during the stretching period but doesnt stop it completely but I used 1ml/per gal on the day of the flip and again 14 days later and this seems to work for me.. Buds were bushier and closer but this stuff takes a lot of trial and error with each strain. It will burn em if you are not very careful. Don't use with other ferts at the time and maybe raise the light a bit too. Thay are gonna feel that shit.. HAHA

As for speeding up the flowering time...Gravity with Bushmaster will do this. I didn't like it but my motto is "the first one done is the worst one done" so you might like it.

Good Luck. Hope this helps ya!:cool0044:

I have never heard that the combo of Gravity and Bushmaster would speed up flowering...

If you apply Bushmaster in veg and Gravity 3 weeks before finish, when the flower has almost completed, don't understand the timing for them to work together...???

The flowering has already started when Gravity is applied, sooooo

I have and use both of these products and am curious to see if I can use them differently..

:)

F

Fred

Premium Member
Supporter
I did notice the extra hairs the heavy dose. Never put two in two tegether though. I like big calyx not hairs.....Learned sumpin else about nutes.

R

Rolln J

a friend of mine used it (phosphaload) as instructed on the label and his og kush came out so hairy you could call it orange kush - it was bad and had way less crystal on it then that cut would normally have - it really ruined his crop I thought

F

Fred

Premium Member
Supporter
Man thats probably why I stopped it. It was just forcing too much..

R

Radio_Dread

yeah man sucks to hear that. glad i decided not to use it

20north

RD i use bush master in hydro before i start 12/12...

as rolln j said it brings down your yield with the setup you told me you were kickin i wouldnt use it in flower a good additive that everyone leaves out for flower is silica... silica will help give you bigger stems and you willl have less buds break at week 6 and after (it can be a nightmare) silica will push your ph UP so watch out ..... less is more with all that stuff i see the bushmaster being nice because it would help with transition in to flower but

i wouldnt use it after the flip i would use it before so it slowly leechs out during the first week of flower..

i dont like a low resin content more than i dont like low yields i have only really seen a different in yield is with advanced nutrients and the resin seemed more abundant

peace

R

Rolln J

^^^ I never said it would bring down yield - it should increase your yield (unless you use it way too early - ie: before the flip) but it decreases the quality of the finished product

M.S.T.

M.S.T.

Hey 20north, I use a silica additive and was wondering your experience, is it safe to use with most nutes and at all stages. When do you start to add it, and have you ever started off without it and added it to your regiment later?

R

Radio_Dread

yeah i still think im just going to not use it, like i said it was a free sample. the guys at the hydro shop did say that it would stop vertical growth.

T

thefabman

Premium Member
Supporter
Have used it in hydro. Fried the first plant...lol.. 1/4 strenght is the way to go.. I only use it on some strains as like said they all act different to it. 2-3 weeks before flower in rezivour or as a foliar to help with stretch.... I have only been using it as a foliar the last year and have more control and better final product.

Latest posts

Top Bottom