Using exhaust from lights to heat your house?

• Thread starter MasterChief
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Joe Fresh

Joe Fresh

i live in northern canada...tonight its about -35 celcius(dont ask me in F i dont know lol)....i dont have a single heater in my house...i have 2 rooms on flip flop, with 4k in each room, i vent one room upstairs and the other downstairs...keeps my house nice and warm...the only complaint i have is the humidity that is added in the house....i got one dehuey going but i would need 2

Joe Fresh

Joe Fresh

they have hepa filters that u can use on the exhaust to run into your place..
I hear of people bblowing bulbs.. but honestly. ive been growing for 12 years.. I don't count the first few years because it was mainly just a few plants and not paying attention or anything.. so out fo the 12 years ive been growing.. ive never ever ever.. blown a bulb into pieces... don't get me wrong ive had bulbs not light.. or blow as in not light up.. but never had a single bulb shatter while in the hood.

this year i had 2 bulbs blow...the outer glass stayed in tact, but the inner filament just shattered on one and broke in 2 on the other....this happened while lights were working and i was asleep...needless to say all my bulbs are old as shit and need replaced, which is the reason i had bulbs blow(theyre like 4 years old)

slumdog80

slumdog80

I exhaust my 10k basement right through the floor of my bedroom. The rest of my house is freezing besides my veg room but spend all my time in the bdr.

P

PotDragon

Just a thought....

Trouble with capturing the excess heat from the lights is....

How do you turn it off during warm months? If you don't mind a remodeling in the spring...it could get you through a grow. Personally, construction is my least favorite aspect of growing and I hate to keep messing with infrastructure of the room.

sky high

sky high

My setup is such that I can simply move the flexiduct and connect it to a heater register in my front entryway in Winter (I disco the real heater feed and plug it) and can then pull it off and reattach it to a vent that vents outside for Summer.

Just an FYI/Safety caution...

folks moving a lot of air need to be aware/cautious that they are not backdrafting appliances such as gas fired water heaters/furnaces/etc when they alter airflow patterns in their living spaces.

IMO....the FIRST thing you need before you start changing things up is a Carbon monoxide detector

good luck.

B

Beans

Very interesting read. So the danger of using the heat from the lamps is the possibility of them bursting and contaminating the living space but a bulb bursting during flowering nobody hears about...no wonder a very good friend of mine has a major nerve disease after being healthy her whole life and doing nothing but smoke herb as entertainment...and I thought it was the occasional bag of unknown Mexican shwag that might have been sprayed with something...wonder how many so called honest peeps destroy the crop if it happened?

B

Beans

Makes u wanna learn to live with led's....maybe ex mayor Bloomberg can push for that now that he doesn't have a full time job lookin out for us with food restrictions lol

Top Bottom