Using Floraklean to lower ppm in soil?

• Thread starter GardenWeasel77
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GardenWeasel77

GardenWeasel77

I am growing in ffhf soil. I have been in flower four five days and things are going well.

However, my runoff ppm has been between 1700-2700 depending on the plant.

My last two feedings have been straight pH'd water.

My question is, should I use a product like Floraklean to lower the ppms or will I risk causing deficiencies if I do so.

If I were to use a line cleaner, my plan would be to water with the cleaner, and then not feed it any nutes until the next feeding.

What should I do?

Ponky

Ponky

How do the plants look? How well does the soil drain? And why so much cap mag and epsom? Are you running R/O water?

GardenWeasel77

GardenWeasel77

How do the plants look? How well does the soil drain? And why so much cap mag and epsom? Are you running R/O water?
Plants look good.

I am using regular tap water. Soil is draining well.

IMG 20210917 103058
IMG 20210917 103037
Ponky

Ponky

I wouldn't change anything yet. Soil run off isn't a good metric of what's going on. They look good. Height and color and width. Looks good.

GardenWeasel77

GardenWeasel77

I wouldn't change anything yet. Soil run off isn't a good metric of what's going on. They look good. Height and color and width. Looks good.
I mean should I keep feeding them though? I'm at 2700ppm. That seems like I am heading towards lockout if I keep reading the levels.

GardenWeasel77

GardenWeasel77

I mean should I keep feeding them though? I'm at 2700ppm. That seems like I am heading towards lockout if I keep reading the levels.
Not trying to argue, grateful for the help.

OldManRiver

OldManRiver

Jesus, don't fertilize every time you water. Fertilizer isn't 'food'. Light is. Plants can only use fertilizer to the point that they have enough light and CO2 to use. I have some ten footers right now that I have fertilized just five times since April. At most I would fertilize every week, and I'd be shy about that. The nute sellers are motivated to sell you more nutes, and you need much less than they advise, in my now over 40 years of experience.

GardenWeasel77

GardenWeasel77

Jesus, don't fertilize every time you water. Fertilizer isn't 'food'. Light is. Plants can only use fertilizer to the point that they have enough light and CO2 to use. I have some ten footers right now that I have fertilized just five times since April. At most I would fertilize every week, and I'd be shy about that. The nute sellers are motivated to sell you more nutes, and you need much less than they advise, in my now over 40 years of experience.
No don't feed each time. Wait for rapid growth to feed again.
Okay Thank you.

GardenWeasel77

GardenWeasel77

Well I've been feeding every other watering. I guess I can cut it down to every third watering.

Top Bottom