Using Grove Bags - how dry?

• Thread starter phxazcraig
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
sambapati

sambapati

Nice, I have heard that when you bag or jar with Boost or Bovida the humidity must be about 5-6 points from your goal humidity as the bags or jars need the humidity that close to work. SS
Nice, I have heard that when you bag or jar with Boost or Bovida the humidity must be about 5-6 points from your goal humidity as the bags or jars need the humidity that close to work. SS
My brown paper bagged buds are still lòosing moisture, checked them removed the sticks. The oldest bagged buds are starting to smell sweet. Week 1 in the grove and they will be ready. Very difficult rolling 2 much resin

BudBogart

BudBogart

I've got two half-pound Grove bags, and I've never used them before.

I have lots of issues drying here in Arizona, because my drying conditions are about 79F and 35%RH right now. I hang buds for drying and in 2 days they are almost done. In 3 days they can be crisp and potato chips.

So I'm trying Grove bags, but I'm scared I'll get mold because they aren't dry enough.

How dry is dry enough to put buds in a Grove bag? If I open a bag after 12 hours, and the buds now feel moist where before they were dry, is that too wet, or perhaps about right?

I can put hygrometers in the bags, but what should the initial day or so be like, if you open a bag and feel the buds?

In the past I've used mason jars, aggressively burping any time the RH is over 62.
Humidity machines can help and are not very expensive. Amazon from $40. US on up. I use on to make certain there is not a major drop in rh.

Top Bottom