Using Grove Bags - how dry?

• Thread starter phxazcraig
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
sambapati

sambapati

Buds in the Grove bags and the rest still hanging up in paper bags. They still need 2-3 week cure before human consumption or 1 month+? The buds still dont have that honeysuckle aroma. Can the Grove bag gang opine on this 'aging' question?

TSD

TSD

Buds in the Grove bags and the rest still hanging up in paper bags. They still need 2-3 week cure before human consumption or 1 month+? The buds still dont have that honeysuckle aroma. Can the Grove bag gang opine on this 'aging' question?
The smell improves in grove bags over time just like it does in jars. Fyi for anyone in a dry or fluctuating climate... I store my grove bags in a big cooler to have more of a controlled environment... last year's harvest still smell and tastes good using this method. I open and turn the buds sometimes just to check things out. The cure still takes time in the bags, it's just less effort than jars.

sambapati

sambapati

The smell improves in grove bags over time just like it does in jars. Fyi for anyone in a dry or fluctuating climate... I store my grove bags in a big cooler to have more of a controlled environment... last year's harvest still smell and tastes good using this method. I open and turn the buds sometimes just to check things out. The cure still takes time in the bags, it's just less effort than jars.
👌

Shaded_One

Shaded_One

+1 with what @TSD said. But also I've been smoking my buds right around a week after being bagged. This last run I was literally smoking bud that barely had any cure and it was knocking me off my feet.

The smells only get better with time. I'd say 3 week for a minimum cure but not necessary. Cutting open a heat sealed bag is an experience words cannot describe

freezeland2

freezeland2

+1 with what @TSD said. But also I've been smoking my buds right around a week after being bagged. This last run I was literally smoking bud that barely had any cure and it was knocking me off my feet.

The smells only get better with time. I'd say 3 week for a minimum cure but not necessary. Cutting open a heat sealed bag is an experience words cannot describe
I usually leave an ounce or two out for consumption while I wait for the rest to cure.

Shaded_One

Shaded_One

I usually leave an ounce or two out for consumption while I wait for the rest to cure.

Yeah I leave one bag of each strain not heat sealed so that I can grab a few buds and leave the rest to cure while I pick away at it over the next 3-4 months :p

Shaded_One

Shaded_One

5544643C EB94 403F AA00 4C4CFC84CA3E

My half ounce "personal bag" 🧙🏽‍♂️

Deadstill

Deadstill

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Supporter
Ok either I'm getting senile, or the thread got deleted for some reason - but I asked this question in a different thread, and upon a forum search it seems it no longer exists! Anyway, the Grove Bags guys were at CannaCon 22 in Denver and even held a seminar. One of the key points they made was that the bags didn't collect trichomes on the sides of them, like other containers usually do. Can anyone verify that? Just wondering. Thanks!

phxazcraig

phxazcraig

Here is some feedback from my first Grove bag use. I harvested in May and put the buds in a few days later with RH in the bags at around 65-70%. That is too high, but I'm in Arizona where I can't get ideal drying conditions. What I did was dry for 2-3 days, then bag the buds. I would burp the bags twice a day until a) the buds no longer stuck to the bag or clumped to each other, and b) the RH dropped below 70%.

That seems to have worked pretty well, though I was dealing with burping for about a week. Once things settled down I put three bags in a closet and left them alone. After three weeks, the buds started tasting semi-cured and very smokable. Since then I've left the bags in the closet, only opening here and there to refill a small glass jar that supplies me for a week. RH has remained remarkably constant, and I've just zip sealed the bags, not melt-sealed as shown in the instructions. The odors are wonderful when I open the bags.

SSgrower

SSgrower

Nice, I have heard that when you bag or jar with Boost or Bovida the humidity must be about 5-6 points from your goal humidity as the bags or jars need the humidity that close to work. SS

Top Bottom