Using hydro nutrients in soil?

• Thread starter AnOldColdSoul13
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
AnOldColdSoul13

AnOldColdSoul13

This might be a dumb question. I have nutrients that someone gave me, but they're made for hydro. Is it usable for soil or should i throw them out and get nutes made for soil?

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Yes but no grow ratio there. I dont use either type of product in my grow. Just a complete balanced base nute.

AnOldColdSoul13

AnOldColdSoul13

Yes but no grow ratio there. I dont use either type of product in my grow. Just a complete balanced base nute.
Ive used foxfarm products before. I have the bigbloom bottle. Should i just go with a nutrient "multi pack" ? Im a newbie for sure, so im a little uneducated on the nuttes. Just trying to make sure i have the necessary nutrients covered throughout the plant cycle. Thanks you

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Ive used foxfarm products before. I have the bigbloom bottle. Should i just go with a nutrient "multi pack" ? Im a newbie for sure, so im a little uneducated on the nuttes. Just trying to make sure i have the necessary nutrients covered throughout the plant cycle. Thanks you

you just may need the grow bottle to go with that bloom. I started by following manufacturer instructions but at 50% of their amounts. And learned to dial in better as i watched the plants.

AnOldColdSoul13

AnOldColdSoul13

you just may need the grow bottle to go with that bloom. I started by following manufacturer instructions but at 50% of their amounts. And learned to dial in better as i watched the plants.
Thats exactly what i had the first time i grew. Big bloom and grow big. I was trying to narrow it down to the basics, with it being my first grow. I'm contemplating getting a bottle of their cal-mag. From reading up in general, it seems as if maybe calcium and magnesium deficiency is a very common problem when growing? Once again, thank you for your advice

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Thats exactly what i had the first time i grew. Big bloom and grow big. I was trying to narrow it down to the basics, with it being my first grow. I'm contemplating getting a bottle of their cal-mag. From reading up in general, it seems as if maybe calcium and magnesium deficiency is a very common problem when growing? Once again, thank you for your advice

read watch and practice is all we can do for success. Good luck bud!

TheBadChoice

TheBadChoice

A small note about ff nutes, grow big does have different types. The blue label which is hydro and the green label which is soil based. Not really sure of the differences in content but I know by the “”feed chart the soil is always 3 or more ml than the hydro. Theirs a few other companies that do the same thing, but their are interchangeable, perfect example GH trio, they works for both soil and hydro with no different variants between the two.

Grapefruitroop

Grapefruitroop

Is it usable for soil or should i throw them out and get nutes made for soil?
Yes, but the most important thing to consider is understand the CEC of your soil...look for the ingredients of your soil
With a 75% peat you will have a good CEC hence you will have to alternate feeding to regular watering to dont oversaturate your media.
In hydro thers no CEC hence you can feed a certain strenght constantly....tha same will burn your plants in soil.

SaintsSamilia

SaintsSamilia

The Advanced Bloom and bud candy are universal nutes I'll actually be doing my next run on that 3 part solution for Autos in soil to see how simple it is. But I currently am running the organics line bloom grow and ancient earth from advanced in soil and hydro at the same time. The center and the two in the back are same strain just different mediums.

20210220 120519
AnOldColdSoul13

AnOldColdSoul13

Not sure how using only part of their three part ph perfect system will work. I use all three plus B-52/Sensizym/Big bud in ProMix HP.

At 50% of recommended ratios I burnt her (Early Miss Auto - 369g)

View attachment 1093925

Cheers.
Thanks man. Thats exactly the thing i was curious about. Wouldnt want to burn my plants trying to use hydro nutes in soil. If i do end up having to use them, ill probably try 1/4 strength to be careful. I have a line of fox farm soil products that im planning on buying. All the essential nutrients and compounds for plant cycle seem to be covered within these products. (I could be wrong tho)
Liquids - Tiger bloom, grow big, big bloom.
Solubles - open sesame, beastie blooms, cha ching.
I also normally keep super thrive around for nitrogen.

AnOldColdSoul13

AnOldColdSoul13

The Advanced Bloom and bud candy are universal nutes I'll actually be doing my next run on that 3 part solution for Autos in soil to see how simple it is. But I currently am running the organics line bloom grow and ancient earth from advanced in soil and hydro at the same time. The center and the two in the back are same strain just different mediums.
Only reason i was cautious and curious is because it says on the bottles that its for use with hydro systems, but i wasnt sure if that means "DO NOT use in soil" They belonged to my dad before he died and he didnt grow hydro, so im assuming he was using them in soil also. Thanks man

AnOldColdSoul13

AnOldColdSoul13

Yes, but the most important thing to consider is understand the CEC of your soil...look for the ingredients of your soil
With a 75% peat you will have a good CEC hence you will have to alternate feeding to regular watering to dont oversaturate your media.
In hydro thers no CEC hence you can feed a certain strenght constantly....tha same will burn your plants in soil.
I have a mix that i made up. The ratios arent spot on, but it's probably about 70% coco, 20% peat, and 10% perlite.

SaintsSamilia

SaintsSamilia

Only reason i was cautious and curious is because it says on the bottles that its for use with hydro systems, but i wasnt sure if that means "DO NOT use in soil" They belonged to my dad before he died and he didnt grow hydro, so im assuming he was using them in soil also. Thanks man
Yeah just watch the plant I do mix when I use the nutes as directed but 80% of that soil plants tap water as the main source of fluids id imagine the build up possibilities could end catastrophically if you had alot of hot pockets. Good luck with the grow for sure

AnOldColdSoul13

AnOldColdSoul13

Cool! Then in tthis case you can be really close to a hydro feeding program!!! Lots of oxigen in there!
I read up a little bit on high frequency fertigation when growing in coco. I think thats what its called anyways.. from what i gathered, "I can feed more frequently because coco drains well. In soil we can only water and feed so often, because the roots will rot from not getting oxygen." Is that kind of what youre explaining to me? Ive only grown once and it was a few years ago. So im definitely uneducated on half of it lol

mancorn

mancorn

I'm contemplating getting a bottle of their cal-mag. From reading up in general, it seems as if maybe calcium and magnesium deficiency is a very common problem when growing?
It’s more that it’s a common meme. “Looks like a CA deficiency” is the #1 response to any Q on a cannabis forum. If you grow in soil and use tap water then it’s almost always nonsense.

That said your Coco isn’t soil and requires many different techniques in terms of watering and feeding. I’m not a coco grower so have no knowledge to pass on in that regards. Rather when you’re doing your research you need to make sure you’re not taking advice about growing in dirt and try applying it to a soilless medium and vice versa. While the actual nutrients might be the same, how they’re used can be vastly different.

AnOldColdSoul13

AnOldColdSoul13

It’s more that it’s a common meme. “Looks like a CA deficiency” is the #1 response to any Q on a cannabis forum. If you grow in soil and use tap water then it’s almost always nonsense.

That said your Coco isn’t soil and requires many different techniques in terms of watering and feeding. I’m not a coco grower so have no knowledge to pass on in that regards. Rather when you’re doing your research you need to make sure you’re not taking advice about growing in dirt and try applying it to a soilless medium and vice versa. While the actual nutrients might be the same, how they’re used can be vastly different.
Thats a very good point. Thank you

Latest posts

Top Bottom