Using hydro nutrients in soil?

• Thread starter AnOldColdSoul13
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Homesteader

Homesteader

You are a God damned liar. Organic nutes will NEVER make your bud smell like synthetic nutes. Synthetic nutes will NEVER give you the heroin, shrooms, cocaine types of highs.
Do you work for the synthetic nutrient business riptorn? Are you a double agent trying to turn people off from growing organically? You really do give organics a bad name with your attitude and it seems to be by design.

The plant doesn't care whether you feed it organic or synthetic by the way and not all organics smell very good FYI.

Last edited:
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

You are a God damned liar. Organic nutes will NEVER make your bud smell like synthetic nutes. Synthetic nutes will NEVER give you the heroin, shrooms, cocaine types of highs.

Keep practicing. Eventually you will get it. Classic genetics help. Newer stuff seems out of balance with too much thc and something gone missing.

and i know i have been facetious with you about the organic religion stuff but i promise i am no liar.

i do have a theory why some growers feel the way you do. I think organic bases offer more and varied nutrients and minerals to the plants which result in a more complex flavor.

Hydroponics tend to limit to 16 elements max. Although some feel that is “cleaner” when done right. I may end up in that camp.

althogh dyna grow says they have tweaked their micro nutes after their cannabis testing. My first two rounds of dyna grow fed plants came out pretty impressive. I am switching back to my old method to compare over a bunch of plants.

I am extremely skeptical and ran many tests but bud you need a more open mind than even I do. ;-)

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Well that was another convincing argument brought to you by @RippedTorn I love the explanation and the depth you go into. Thank you for breaking it down for us 🙄

AnOldColdSoul13

AnOldColdSoul13

Oh and if your hand watering distill you water for 24 hours first before feeding it to plants which means let it sit it lets the chlorine evaporate out. You're also going to want to check your runoff water so when you water your plants water them till 20% of what you water comes out the bottom and don't let it get sucked up by the other plants and take the parts per million of that water and if it's way higher then what you were putting in it means you have built up salts you're feeding it too much and if it's way lower that's usually a good thing
I knew about letting tap water sit for a day or two. Ive read about people measuring the runoff water, but wasnt exactly sure what that was all about. That makes sense tho. I appreciate it

AnOldColdSoul13

AnOldColdSoul13

Keep practicing. Eventually you will get it. Classic genetics help. Newer stuff seems out of balance with too much thc and something gone missing.

and i know i have been facetious with you about the organic religion stuff but i promise i am no liar.

i do have a theory why some growers feel the way you do. I think organic bases offer more and varied nutrients and minerals to the plants which result in a more complex flavor.

Hydroponics tend to limit to 16 elements max. Although some feel that is “cleaner” when done right. I may end up in that camp.

althogh dyna grow says they have tweaked their micro nutes after their cannabis testing. My first two rounds of dyna grow fed plants came out pretty impressive. I am switching back to my old method to compare over a bunch of plants.

I am extremely skeptical and ran many tests but bud you need a more open mind than even I do. ;-)
So im realizing that the nutrients i have by "advanced nutrients" arent organic. The fox farm big bloom is organic. It seems not only would it be easier for me to pick a "line" and go with that for feeding schedule purposes (leaving the science of it to the company), but im also now wondering if i should be mixing organic from one company with synthetic from another one. Seems like it would be safer for me to do what rookie bc said and just go with the advanced ph perfect line. Their feeding schedule however labels the micro, bloom, and grow as base nutrients with a bunch of other products made by them to be used together. Is the micro, bloom, and grow base nutrients enough for the plant's life cycle or do I need all these other supplements? Here are the feeding schedules i got from their website. I had to use a "feeding calculator" or some shit they have on their site, and this is what they gave me. Those are screenshots of the pdfs i downloaded
Screenshot 20210223 103639 Photo Editor
Screenshot 20210223 103629 Photo Editor

chuck88

chuck88

I would suggest you stick with one brand and I don't think you "need" all of the supplements but it surely can't hurt :)

If you have the room for an extra plant or three, feel free to experiment ! That can be part of the fun...

Cheers.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

So im realizing that the nutrients i have by "advanced nutrients" arent organic. The fox farm big bloom is organic. It seems not only would it be easier for me to pick a "line" and go with that for feeding schedule purposes (leaving the science of it to the company), but im also now wondering if i should be mixing organic from one company with synthetic from another one. Seems like it would be safer for me to do what rookie bc said and just go with the advanced ph perfect line. Their feeding schedule however labels the micro, bloom, and grow as base nutrients with a bunch of other products made by them to be used together. Is the micro, bloom, and grow base nutrients enough for the plant's life cycle or do I need all these other supplements? Here are the feeding schedules i got from their website. I had to use a "feeding calculator" or some shit they have on their site, and this is what they gave me. Those are screenshots of the pdfs i downloadedView attachment 1095141View attachment 1095142

You only need the base grow, bloom and micro. The only needed supplement may be cal mag depending on your source water and medium.

chuck88

chuck88

You only need the base grow, bloom and micro. The only needed supplement may be cal mag depending on your source water and medium.

Now that is interesting. A few months ago their web site said there was no need to add cal/mag if using their nutrients but I now can't find where it says that ?

And I found I did not need to...

Cheers.

AnOldColdSoul13

AnOldColdSoul13

Now that is interesting. A few months ago their web site said there was no need to add cal/mag if using their nutrients but I now can't find where it says that ?

And I found I did not need to...

Cheers.
That does remind me, last night i was on amazon checking prices for the advanced micro, grow, bloom line and in the section where it says "frequently bought together" or however its worded, people are buying those 3 plus a big ass bottle of cal mag, so i can see where that may be needed. (Not that i would go by what other people are buying on amazon.) Im just saying that yall are making a good point.

chuck88

chuck88

Yeah, well. How many times have you read "What's wrong with my plants?" and the answer is you need Cal/Mag :)

White Widow on the left, Black Indica on the right. 24" high @ 50 days from sprouting.

Micro/Grow/Bloom, three (?) additions of B-52 and two of Sensizym.

720 3400 Both 23 Feb 2021 web

White Widow close up...

720 3401 WW 23 Feb 2021 web

Cheers.

AnOldColdSoul13

AnOldColdSoul13

may not need bloom either but i never used advanced nutrients.
I already have the bloom. I didnt buy it. It's just stuff that my dad had before he passed. The bloom and the bud candy were both his. He taught me the little bit that i do know about growing, which is the absolute basics lol. I noticed that the bud candys' active ingredient is water soluble magnesium derived from magnesium sulfate (according to the label). With that being said, im wondering if i could use it for my mag' source and just buy some straight calcium?

chuck88

chuck88

I already have the bloom. I didnt buy it. It's just stuff that my dad had before he passed. The bloom and the bud candy were both his. He taught me the little bit that i do know about growing, which is the absolute basics lol. I noticed that the bud candys' active ingredient is water soluble magnesium derived from magnesium sulfate (according to the label). With that being said, im wondering if i could use it for my mag' source and just buy some straight calcium?

With all due respect, why don't you try one grow with a proven method before you start winging it :)

Cheers.

AnOldColdSoul13

AnOldColdSoul13

With all due respect, why don't you try one grow with a proven method before you start winging it :)

Cheers.
I understand And i fully agree. I was just curious about the magnesium deal. If its safer just to get cal mag and the rest of the advanced line, thats what im going to do. Just making sure im not buying things that i already have. Thats why im asking you guys, because i dont wanna fuck everything up lol

Moshmen

Moshmen

That does remind me, last night i was on amazon checking prices for the advanced micro, grow, bloom line and in the section where it says "frequently bought together" or however its worded, people are buying those 3 plus a big ass bottle of cal mag, so i can see where that may be needed. (Not that i would go by what other people are buying on amazon.) Im just saying that yall are making a good point.
BOught a gallon a year ago - seems every time I open it I fuck up the grow! Lol

TheBadChoice

TheBadChoice

The description on the bottle is why you may “” need extra cal mag and one other factor is if your using distilled water. So if your not using any of those water types and or not growing in coco/perlite mediums, you may not need any extra in your feeding schedule. As well you’ll notice almost every feeding schedule companies produce for theirs nutes kind of have the same details on their charts.

TheBadChoice

TheBadChoice

Sorry to double post but that type of product should be the only thing outside a 3part nute line up that you’ll want to have starting off. Remember first grow and all better to get your feet wet than jump into the pool face first ya know lol, but that’s silica and is very important in cannabis growing. Theirs a lot of different companies that make it but I will suggest that being the one thing outside a 3 part lineup. And if you get some to add too the mix make sure you mix it correctly! Or silica will cause nute lockout

22F2C582 A5D2 4D29 B118 6807F2C53445
AnOldColdSoul13

AnOldColdSoul13

Sorry to double post but that type of product should be the only thing outside a 3part nute line up that you’ll want to have starting off. Remember first grow and all better to get your feet wet than jump into the pool face first ya know lol, but that’s silica and is very important in cannabis growing. Theirs a lot of different companies that make it but I will suggest that being the one thing outside a 3 part lineup. And if you get some to add too the mix make sure you mix it correctly! Or silica will cause nute lockout
so silica, cal-mag, and my 3 part base nutrients from "advanced nutrients" should be all i need? I had my eye on some solubles for flowering stage. Its got all the manganese, boron, zinc, etc for flowering stages. However you guys made some good points, so I'ma stick to the basics and maybe later on once i take my training pedals off, I can start experimenting with different supplements and what not..

Top Bottom