Using my iguana poop

• Thread starter Estiguar
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
E

Estiguar

Hi I have a large iguana. He has a vegetarian diet of fresh greens, veggies and fruit. I have seen some other people asking about using iguana poop as fertilizer on the Internet, but haven’t heard any updates on how it worked out. My indoor plants are about 6 weeks into veg. Was wondering if I made his poo into a diluted tea if I could water it, perhaps similar to bat guano. Pros, cons?

TheOtherOne

TheOtherOne

Hi I have a large iguana. He has a vegetarian diet of fresh greens, veggies and fruit. I have seen some other people asking about using iguana poop as fertilizer on the Internet, but haven’t heard any updates on how it worked out. My indoor plants are about 6 weeks into veg. Was wondering if I made his poo into a diluted tea if I could water it, perhaps similar to bat guano. Pros, cons?
Points for creativity, but yeah, i have no valuable input at this time

MooseFarts

MooseFarts

You can get your hands on a soil test kit or something of the sort and use it to get an idea of the amount of nutrients present in the manure and see how it compares to cow, sheep, chicken, or horse manure which all has general info online.

I don’t see why it wouldn’t be able to be used. I’m sure you would need to compost it all the same like any manure.

Top Bottom