Using My Tap Water For Soil And Coco Coir

• Thread starter Snakeskins
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Snakeskins

Snakeskins

It was really too late for this one. All the fan leaves were taken by the deficiency. It all started with the orange rust spots. I moved it to my clone box to do my soil Scrog in the tent :(. Plus a view of the clones very young

20170926 192942
Last edited:
oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

If your tap is 450ppm, and is still 450ppm when you add your nutes, WOW can that number double or triple your ppm very easily. My flower nutes come out to 1480ppm, not sure on my veg nutes. Only use veg 2x before flip.
i think id be doing a double check on them pens myself,something wrong here

Snakeskins

Snakeskins

i think id be doing a double check on them pens myself,something wrong here
I test my pens every couple of waterings. What's really cool is I'm not getting outrageous ppm readings with the CNS17 that I use. It's a one-part fertilizer with supplements added such as calcium and magnesium. I used to use ffof nutes(as well as the soil) and got much higher readings. I really don't dig ffof.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Yeah makes sense. It's perfect indoor growing season as it is much cooler here since fall.
when i grew in coco i always waited a hour after mixing my nutes,by then it stablized and then i would add the ph down,worked out great

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

when i grew in coco i always waited a hour after mixing my nutes,by then it stablized and then i would add the ph down,worked out great
reason behind this,is just as bubbling when you stir the components it adds oxygen,which raise the ph,if you dig,never knew this myself and a homie was trying to explain it to me and still didnt make sense,,so tried it myself with my 33 gallon can,bubbled for 24 hrs checked ph ,let it sit 24 hrs and sure as shit it went down

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

So... cooler temps make those readings rise?
rise and fall,in hydro or dwc ,you always hear them talking about the swing,the temps of res can go all kind of crazy,especially in heat,ive got friends that adapt to this problem using tea to keep there res maintainable

Snakeskins

Snakeskins

rise and fall,in hydro or dwc ,you always hear them talking about the swing,the temps of res can go all kind of crazy,especially in heat,ive got friends that adapt to this problem using tea to keep there res maintainable
Last water I used and got those high readings, I used a foot scraper soap stone sort of thing to try and oxygenate the water. I'm sure it didn't work and I still somehow managed to bring the numbers up slightly.

Top Bottom