Using Organic Maple Syrup

• Thread starter bowcat
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

bowcat

I just came back from a tour of a friends indoor set up in Northern New England. He has his Og Kush dialed in...some of the biggest yielding nugs I have ever seen on this notoriously mediocre yielder.

He claims his secret is adding organic grade B maple syrup during the last 14 days of flowering and through out :420:the entire flush...has anyone heard of this?

If so what are the are the water to syrup ratios and would you reduce the maple syrup component as you flush?

S

supi1012

last grow i used 1 tsp/gallon of the grade b maple syrup after the first flush. i wouldn't flush with it though, in fear of building up way too much shit in the rootzone before harvest, but after flushing with clean water i did a light watering with the syrup. ive always used a carb (molasses,suganat, sweet) so its hard to say if it made a huge difference, but Crazy Composer has been doing it with good results so it can't hurt. It is kinda pricy though

B

bowcat

Thanks Supi...I have heard of people that add Maple Syrup to a carb cocktail including Molasses, Sukanant etc.

Might make more sense to combine all the complex carbs together, especially since it would cover a more broad spectrum of trace elements, flavanoids and terpene's.

On the other hand using strictly one source of a carb like Maple Syrup might highlite a subtle flavor that would get muddled if mixed with other carbs...I would love to hear from any one that has Crazy Composers Maple Syrup technique down pat.:rasta2:

Z

zoeronerer

its just a simple sugar so they should love it,,,,,,, i used fucking log cabin b4 it worked in a pinch...fructose also.......agave i have also used with great results its sweeter than the other carbs i think in the finnished product.

its kinda ....REALLY EXPENSIVE ....tho

B

bowcat

Thanks Zoe...Agave Syrup is crazy expensive, even more so than organic maple syrup but if you say it has an impact on flavor and this crop is all for my head stash...then so be it.

Could you tell me what type of agave syrup you used as there are several grades?

:smiley_joint:

girlwondergrows

girlwondergrows

Maple syrup wouldn't have to be organic to be OMRI certified. if you're using an OMRI listed fertilizer chances are very good that none of the plant or animal ingredients were themselves organically grown. And I don't think you'd ever notice the difference in the finished bud.

Just seems like pouring fine champagne into the res to me... But I will check out the crazy composer thing....

bloads

bloads

slightly off topic: Curious how good Prickly Pear syrup would be... supposedly it's got a ton of beneficial stuff for people, I wonder if any of them are good for plants.

(slightly more off topic: that above sentence reminded me of Electrolytes, in that horrible yet pretty damn funny flop, Idiocracy. if you like entertaining shitty movies, check it out.)

N

naturehd

in soil i like to use 3 tblsp of grandmas unsulfured mollasis every watering. the sugars adn natural vitamins seem to help with stretch in veg adn triches build up in bloom. you get it in the pancake isle at the grocery store liek 3 buck adn you got plenty. im obviously too high to type right now so take my advise with a grain of salt.

Latest posts

Top Bottom