USING PH'd Water no nutes Every other feeding in coco

• Thread starter 2Bad
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
2Bad

2Bad

Does anyone personally do this with good results?? Will I run into issues in flower?? I want personal experiences pretty pls! I'm going into my next grow they seem to be handling it fine around 60 days in from being cloned

Edit: Im talking about liquid synthetics

SofaKingHigh

SofaKingHigh

Why skip ph’ing the water? I always ph feed water especially in coco with certain nutrients. I don’t see any good that would come from it besides the extra minute it would take to ph.

tobh

tobh

Supporter
Why skip ph’ing the water? I always ph feed water especially in coco with certain nutrients. I don’t see any good that would come from it besides the extra minute it would take to ph.
he's referring specifically to straight water, even pH'ed. i've been talking with him about this, and I personally have never ran straight water through coco unless flushing at the very end, always have some level of EC in the solution as to not fuck up the cation exchange that's established in the media through proper fertigation practices.

his goal is to prevent salt build up, though the real way to prevent that is with proper fertigation practices (ie, water till at least 10% runoff, every time, and don't let the media dry out).

SofaKingHigh

SofaKingHigh

he's referring specifically to straight water, even pH'ed. i've been talking with him about this, and I personally have never ran straight water through coco unless flushing at the very end, always have some level of EC in the solution as to not fuck up the cation exchange that's established in the media through proper fertigation practices.

his goal is to prevent salt build up, though the real way to prevent that is with proper fertigation practices (ie, water till at least 10% runoff, every time, and don't let the media dry out).
Ohh ok lol

Anthem

Anthem

You really want to make sure and PH your water every single time with inert media. The PH of the water affects the up take of nutrients. Not PH every single time is a really stupid idea!

2Bad

2Bad

I usually give 20 percent runoff but my pots do be drying out ALOT hopefully I fix that with larger pots going from 1 gallons in flower this time to 5-7 gallons next time should help.

Anthem

Anthem

You really want to make sure and PH your water every single time with inert media. The PH of the water affects the up take of nutrients. Not PH every single time is a really stupid idea!
I edited the title
I tried this before with Coco. I was only flushing about once a week with minimal run off. It helped so if you are doing it every other time it might be too much. Especially once you get into flower when they are really feeding. IMO I would still go with a lower EC every other water events. Ultimately Coco should never really get to dry out for best results.

Anthem

Anthem

I usually give 20 percent runoff but my pots do be drying out ALOT hopefully I fix that with larger pots going from 1 gallons in flower this time to 5-7 gallons next time should help.
I used 5 gallon pots with High PPFD Lights and CO2 and I was getting dryback. The 7gallons should help

SofaKingHigh

SofaKingHigh

So your growing in 1 gallon pots? In flower? You would be much better off just keeping that pot 90% saturated with nutrient water no skipping.

2Bad

2Bad

So your growing in 1 gallon pots? In flower? You would be much better off just keeping that pot 90% saturated with nutrient water no skipping.
Yea but flowering is almost over im just looking for people that are doing this cus I plan to do with my future grows in larger pots

SofaKingHigh

SofaKingHigh

Yea but flowering is almost over im just looking for people that are doing this cus I plan to do with my future grows in larger pots
I see, any pics of the grow I would be interested in seeing it.

SofaKingHigh

SofaKingHigh

It's nothing too crazy i've messed up ALOT along this ride. But at least I also learned ALOT thank godd..and THCfarmer
Hey we all have to start somewhere and those first few grows will teach you a lot.

2Bad

2Bad

Hey we all have to start somewhere and those first few grows will teach you a lot.
Agreed here’s my 2 favorite strains of the 4 . the pic with the whole plant 🪴that one specifically never bulked up much, but it also stayed short and stocky the whole time so I think it’s a strain quality hopefully bigger pot will make it thicker. I didn’t have the light intensity up much until halfway into flower also

C146EF06 BECC 4880 A598 5AF62F8D0CB9
444B6174 3399 472E BE6C 946F2C199F4C
SofaKingHigh

SofaKingHigh

Agreed here’s my 2 favorite strains of the 4 . the pic with the whole plant 🪴that one specifically never bulked up much, but it also stayed short and stocky the whole time so I think it’s a strain quality hopefully bigger pot will make it thicker. I didn’t have the light intensity up much until halfway into flower also
Not bad man keep growing and you will get better

Latest posts

Top Bottom