Using salt to dry bud

• Thread starter Chefdafuts
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
No. Salt pulls in water, you would pull water onto the buds.. just dont...

thehighguy

thehighguy

No. Salt pulls in water, you would pull water onto the buds.. just dont...
it would still pull water out of the buds, but with that being said you would have salty buds :/ idk about you but im not huge on smoking salts

johnnykalevra

johnnykalevra

I've done it. But because I didn't want cross contamination with the salt, I laid a bed of salt in a sealable container, covered the salt with some strong kitchen roll and laid the buds on the paper.

The salt draws the moisture through the paper and doesn't touch the bud itself. It's nice and easy to get everything out too without mixing bud and salt.

Works quite well and my bud always comes out incredibly dry after a couple of days.

T

TheGodFactory

When I cure salmon I use a salt process. I am wondering if I could just bury my bud in salt for a few days to dry them. Thoughts?
dont know if you are looking for the answer still but dont let salt touch the weed...

heres how to do it properly...NOTE the drying process is not just the act of ridding the plant of water there are many chemical processes that can only be achieved with time USING SALT SPEEDS UP THE DRYING PROCESS AND DEPRIVES THE WEED OF THE OPPORTUNITY TO COMPLETE THESE PROCESES RESULTING IN LOWER QUALITY BUD so the best way to do it with current technology is to hang dry in optimum conditions...

instructions with salt - put napkin in shallow container or tray pour weed in a single layer over napkin

first way single area drying - pour salt into a shot glass or a dipping tray something like a small sauce cup one would use to pour ketchup in for dipping fries. use use about 2-4 table spoons of salt then place salt tray in the center of the weed tray do not spill salt into your weed tray. cover the entire thing with a napkin and place in a dark room around 60-70 degrees f.

second way duel area drying- instead of placing salt tray in with the weed tray first cover your weed with a napkin ensuring there is space in the middle to place the salt tray....once weed is covered with napkin place salt tray in center...this may push up edges uf napkin exposing weed so make sure to cover your weed entirely since two faces of your weed will be pressed against the tray and napkin. this will reduce airflow and cause the weed to dry less efficiently risking mold before the dry...once weed is secure with salt on top napkin , cover entire tray again with a towel or napkin. this separates the salt chamber from the weed chamber... the benefit is that if salt is in the weed chamber it has the possibility to pull moister from the environment to the salt but having to pass through your weed first causing potential further disruption of the chemical processes and or molding. the duel area method greatly reduces this risk.

josefrahl

josefrahl

Latest posts

Top Bottom