• Tagged users None
nikson

nikson

Hey I have a question
I have LED 100W 3000 K
And I also have a 600W HPS lamp
In Space 2X2
Currently at the early flowering stage
Can I turn on the HPS lamp for 6 hours and the LED for the entire 12 hours of light?
In this way:
12 hours of 100W LED light.
6 hours with HPS.
12 hours of darkness.

I'm thinking of doing it because of the heat. It's very hot and I have no way to cool the space.
How will it affect flowering?
Is it possible to grow like this?
What would you advise me to do?
Thanks in advance.

Reverend Jim

Reverend Jim

My knee-jerk reaction is that only 6 hours with the HPS is probably inadequate (even supplementing with the LED). During flowering, they love a lot of light. However, you say it's 2 x 2 which is pretty compact (and I'll assume you have good reflection). What I might do if heat is a worry, is hang a few soft white cfls and run them when the HPS is off -- maybe four, one in each corner. They stay cool and they're pretty cheap -- but it may get crowded with the LED, HPS, and a bunch of cfls in 2 x 2. Sooo...

12 hours -LED on
6 hours -- HPS on CFLs off
6 hours -- CFLs on HPS off
12 hours -- darkness (complete, inky-black darkness)

Good luck. Also you can (and should) hang the cfls a lot closer to the plants than you can the HPS or LED

JustStartedD

JustStartedD

Hey I have a question
I have LED 100W 3000 K
And I also have a 600W HPS lamp
In Space 2X2
Currently at the early flowering stage
Can I turn on the HPS lamp for 6 hours and the LED for the entire 12 hours of light?
In this way:
12 hours of 100W LED light.
6 hours with HPS.
12 hours of darkness.

I'm thinking of doing it because of the heat. It's very hot and I have no way to cool the space.
How will it affect flowering?
Is it possible to grow like this?
What would you advise me to do?
Thanks in advance.
Try to get some small crip On fans. Or an exhaust fan they're anywhere from 1030$ will help a lot with heat and you can give ur plants proper lighting.

nikson

nikson

My knee-jerk reaction is that only 6 hours with the HPS is probably inadequate (even supplementing with the LED). During flowering, they love a lot of light. However, you say it's 2 x 2 which is pretty compact (and I'll assume you have good reflection). What I might do if heat is a worry, is hang a few soft white cfls and run them when the HPS is off -- maybe four, one in each corner. They stay cool and they're pretty cheap -- but it may get crowded with the LED, HPS, and a bunch of cfls in 2 x 2. Sooo...

12 hours -LED on
6 hours -- HPS on CFLs off
6 hours -- CFLs on HPS off
12 hours -- darkness (complete, inky-black darkness)

Good luck. Also you can (and should) hang the cfls a lot closer to the plants than you can the HPS or LED
Thank you !
I'll try it
Another question
Do 2 LEDs 6500K of 50W
Will be able to replace the CFL?

nikson

nikson

Try to get some small crip On fans. Or an exhaust fan they're anywhere from 1030$ will help a lot with heat and you can give ur plants proper lighting.
Ok, a great solution but not for now because I do not have enough money for it. Maybe in the future .. Thank you!

JustStartedD

JustStartedD

Get a 300 w cfl they sell em at Home Depot for 6$ And with a good enough reflector you'll only need 2-3

Latest posts

Top Bottom