Using Silica - what's the real scoop? Contradictory info everywhere

• Thread starter phxazcraig
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

twojoints

Do you have any white papers or Pier to Pier reviewed studies showing Potassium silicate is going into the plant as Potassium Silicate?
if i spread dog shit on the leaves and you smoke it do you need someone else to come up with a white paper to prove that smoking dog shit isnt healthy why dont you use the computer to educate yourself? even the fire department has a protocol if potassium silicate is stored in a burning building you actually have to have someone else tell you if its good or not to heat up chemicals and inhale them? i suppose you use pgr too

T

twojoints

how are you smoking it are you spraying buds?
in soil the breakdown products of the potassium silica are potassium and silicon dioxide, both naturally occurring in practically all animal species and ecosystems.
you cultivatores have no common sence they are spraying it on the buds and leaves then the smoker heats it up and smokes it lmao you people are so ignorant of what you do its amazingl

GreenGalaxyFarm

GreenGalaxyFarm

you cultivatores have no common sence they are spraying it on the buds and leaves then the smoker heats it up and smokes it lmao you people are so ignorant of what you do its amazingl
are you trolling? i dont spray buds with fuckall

Anthem

Anthem

if i spread dog shit on the leaves and you smoke it do you need someone else to come up with a white paper to prove that smoking dog shit isnt healthy why dont you use the computer to educate yourself? even the fire department has a protocol if potassium silicate is stored in a burning building you actually have to have someone else tell you if its good or not to heat up chemicals and inhale them? i suppose you use pgr too
Ok Smart Ass, if you understood how the chemical is uptake by the plant it might help. So before you spew anymore nonsense out of your mouth please look up the intended use and what is forms that goes into the plant. The plant cannot uptake it. If people are foliar spraying it they are stupid.

T

twojoints

Ok Smart Ass, if you understood how the chemical is uptake by the plant it might help. So before you spew anymore nonsense out of your mouth please look up the intended use and what is forms that goes into the plant. The plant cannot uptake it. If people are foliar spraying it they are stupid.
they are spraying it on the bud and leaves cant you read what i said

T

twojoints

this is one of the reasons why people wont be growing and selling their product people dont want to smoke pgrs and silica lol jesus

GreenGalaxyFarm

GreenGalaxyFarm

people are already going to emergency rooms here because of all the stupid shit growers are putting on their plants
noone is debating you personally they just asked you to cite the article you getting the info from. anyway bro peace out.

T

twojoints

I guess you are stupid to because you did not read my full post.
you dont know much do you bud? you keep poisoning people ...listen i dont have to become part of your idiocy buddy or part of your ignorant cult you kids are dumber than a second coat of paint....cant any of you read? there is plenty of legit information on the internet if you are willing to read. apparently you all like to follow the monkey i wonder how many of you use pgrs on the weed also....

T

twojoints

Is potassium silicate hazardous?

Risk of serious damage to eyes. Irritating to skin. The toxicity of potassium silicate is dependent on the silica to alkali ratio and on the pH. Obtain immediate medical attention.

POTENTIAL HEALTH EFFECTS
Inhalation: Inhalation of mists can be irritating to the nose, mouth, throat, mucous membranes and
lungs. Symptoms of exposure may include sneezing, coughing, choking, shortness of breath, and chest
discomfort or pain. Inhalation of high mist concentrations may cause lung damage and possible
impairment of lung function.

T

twojoints

noone is debating you personally they just asked you to cite the article you getting the info from. anyway bro peace out.
Risk of serious damage to eyes. Irritating to skin. The toxicity of potassium silicate is dependent on the silica to alkali ratio and on the pH. Obtain immediate medical attention.
POTENTIAL HEALTH EFFECTS
Inhalation: Inhalation of mists can be irritating to the nose, mouth, throat, mucous membranes and
lungs. Symptoms of exposure may include sneezing, coughing, choking, shortness of breath, and chest
discomfort or pain. Inhalation of high mist concentrations may cause lung damage and possible

T

twojoints

POTENTIAL HEALTH EFFECTS

Anthem

Anthem

you dont know much do you bud? you keep poisoning people ...listen i dont have to become part of your idiocy buddy or part of your ignorant cult you kids are dumber than a second coat of paint....cant any of you read? there is plenty of legit information on the internet if you are willing to read. apparently you all like to follow the monkey i wonder how many of you use pgrs on the weed also....
I know in what form the plant uptakes the chemical and I know in what form that is. It is on the internet so read up on it. And for the record I do not use the product. I use something that the plant can directly uptake that is also on the internet so you can read up on that as well. I do not follow

T

twojoints

https://www.pqcorp.com › pq-corporation › kasil

PDF

Prolonged or repeated inhalation of crystalline silica causes lung diseases including silicosis, emphysema, obstructive airway disease and lung cancer.

T

twojoints

fyi this study is not pushing any products, its not comparing one to the other, just a really interesting study on the uptake of silicon and how it is distributed among various plants. It is cool that they find that rice has an active uptake process (as well as passive diffusion) that will allow the plant to utilize a lot more silicon compared to tomato plants that only use passive transportation methods of silicon.

There is one very exciting bit of note, (at least to me!) about how they have isolated this gene in rice and the ambitious prospect of being able to incorporate this into other plants! Real nerd stuff.

I'm trying to imagine what that could do for cannabis... there are of course pros and cons if scientists were able to do this (if not done yet, paper is 2005).

PDF

Prolonged or repeated inhalation of crystalline silica causes lung diseases including silicosis, emphysema, obstructive airway disease and lung cancer.

Anthem

Anthem

PDF

Read what it becomes before the plant uptakes it. I do not care if some stupid idiot is spraying it on their plant. There is nothing I can do about someone doing that so why should I care> I only smoke what I grow.

Top Bottom