Using UVA thru out your whole grow

• Thread starter ImpulsiveGrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
Hey guys what are your thoughts on LED fixtures that have UVA diodes? This 830 watt 10 bar model (picture is the 8 bar 670 watt) I’m looking at is 475$ before shipping. LM301b, osram, and LG UV diodes. Is it worth the extra cost? This fixture is very affordable already but I just wanna hear people’s thoughts on using UVA. The dimmer controls all the diodes at once so the UVA will be on always.
Using uva thru out your whole grow
Using uva thru out your whole grow 2
Using uva thru out your whole grow 3

pork

pork

It doesn't look like it's going to be a ton of UV...with just 4 diodes per bar...that's not a ton of UV. Seems like the risk of UV burn would be pretty miniscule with that little of output. But, this is just me and my brain thinking about it. I've been wanting to get some UV bars, but at 50w/bar, I'd certainly be managing how long and how often they turn on

ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
It doesn't look like it's going to be a ton of UV...with just 4 diodes per bar...that's not a ton of UV. Seems like the risk of UV burn would be pretty miniscule with that little of output. But, this is just me and my brain thinking about it. I've been wanting to get some UV bars, but at 50w/bar, I'd certainly be managing how long and how often they turn on
I assume you intend on using UVB? These are UVA in this fixture

Top Bottom