Utilizing Male Hormones To Increase THC Production And Prevent Hermaphroditism

• Thread starter ritoMox
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

ritoMox

That book is available for viewing at the archive dot org site
Limited preview. They let you borrow it, though. I went ahead and sprung for one from ebay.👍🏻

Cultivators Handbook of Marijuana Bill Drake Revised 1st edition

Buzzzz

Buzzzz

This is a scholarly article on marijuana hermaphroditism with some crazy pictures of male nanners. I've had nanners growing on buds before but in those photos they look like a swarm of yellow worms coming out of the buds. They cover some of the old, known reasons for hermies such as environmental stresses. But I've now made the decision to stop growing feminized seeds because of them. I've had not just hermie traits through the years but other bizarre genetic variations and defects in plants. Seedlings that want to grow in a coil under the surface and not break the medium. Then rot. (Purple Kush). Seedling with bizarre, distorted leaves and stunted growth (Bruce Banner #3). And a long list of strains over the many years that insist on popping balls and bananas despite my best effort. I'm getting too old to put up with this shit any more. I think breeders have fouled the gene pool and many seed sellers are selling product that will produce hermaphrodites. Feminized seeds are infamous for this.

I believe hermaphroditism is completely genetic in origin and should be able to be bred out of cannabis completely if somebody makes a serious effort. After all, hermaphroditism had to have come from one mutated plant in one species many millions of years ago. And 6% of plant species that descended inherited the trait. That means the basis of the problem is genetic. Not conditional. Conditions just bring out the trait. The trait is almost certainly the reason we now have so many potent cultivars. Legendary strains of cannabis owe their origin to a hermaphrodite.

Hermies are part of cannabis history and are not going away any time soon. I'm just sick of picking seeds out of my pot. I'm shopping for seeds again and it will be regular seeds. I'm going to pick solid, stable strains and try to find elite females to clone off. No hermies in my present project, knock wood. Because these are clones from stable females.
Hermies are encouraged for some hemp when it makes no difference during harvest or if it's harvested before flowering it makes no diff,using cannabis as marijuana is when problems arise. There are many places where hemp and marijuana grow in adjacent fields and cross pollination with hermi strains is inevitable,hemp to drug.

BigBlonde

BigBlonde

The increase in THC is total bro-science but that cold press hormone thing..."might" ...have a basis in reality. Ethylene speeds up flowering and a flowering male has lots of ethylene.
To reverse plants they spray something that stops ethylene production, forcing hermie.
My understanding is that female flowers produce more ethylene than male flowers and that production increases as the flowers mature. This is because ethylene is essential for female flowers. Male flowers produce very little ethylene.

R

ritoMox

My understanding is that female flowers produce more ethylene than male flowers and that production increases as the flowers mature. This is because ethylene is essential for female flowers. Male flowers produce very little ethylene.
That's fascinating. According to an article I read, what your saying would imply that a male in the midst of females would herm from the female production of ethylene. Please see my post above ( Link: Post #34 ).

Mudballs

Mudballs

Supporter
flowers (male or female) aren't what produces the ethylene.

R

ritoMox

FYI, that book was $2.00US back in the day. I paid close to $100US for it recently. Hold on to your old books, folks, never know what they could fetch in 20 or 30 years✌️

Top Bottom