Utilizing Male Hormones To Increase THC Production And Prevent Hermaphroditism

• Thread starter ritoMox
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

ritoMox

During the early 80's a friend loaned me his now long lost grow guide, about a 50 page pamphlet. I read through it for a couple of days and gave it back to him. I can't remember the name of the guide, but it had a small section on using an extract made from male plants. The purpose of the extract was supposed to be to stimulate the females into increasing their THC production and to also prevent the females from ever turning Hermi. I never got around to trying the tech due to the war on our beloved green back in those days. I'm just now getting back into growing and I wanted to get some input on this tech to find out if it would be worth the effort. Here's a rough quote from memory of the tech from that pamphlet grow guide:

To Induce a female cannabis plant into producing more THC and to prevent Her from turning Hermaphrodite ("Hermi"), take a male cannabis plant minus its pollen sacs and just prior to any of its pollen sacs opening, and cold-press the plant to extract the male-hormone laden liquid from it. After extracting and collecting the liquid, dilute it with 10 parts water to 1 part extract. Use the diluted extract to mist all female plants prior to and during flowering and anytime that the female would be subjected to stress such as defoliation, etc. By spraying the female's with the male-hormone extract, the females are tricked into thinking that a male is nearby so she doesn't need to go Hermi, and the male extract also causes the female to increase her THC production, which is her nectar, in order to attract beneficial insects to pollinate her from the male plant that she thinks is nearby. By using mature male plants with their pollen sacs removed, there will be no pollen in the cold-press extract and no seeds will form in the female flowers as a result of being sprayed/misted with the male extract. By utilizing male cannabis hormones in this way, female cannabis may be subjected to harsh conditions without fear of inducing Hermaphroditism.

Has anyone ever heard of this tech? The grow guide is long gone and I didn't bother writing the name down with the notes on this tech. I remember that the guide also had a small section on Polyploidy tech. There is tons of info to be found on Polyploidy tech, but I can't find anything on this male hormone tech. If anyone has any info please share.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Maybe we can appeal directly to Dr. Bro for a reprint.

This is certainly something that can be tested, and if you test it and it turns out to work, I will regret my bro comment. But that is the first thought that entered my mind.

I guess you'd need a few different known nanner and ball producing females.

R

ritoMox

I got you, bud. Like I said in the op, it was really a pamphlet guide. I believe it was printed in the late 60's or early 70's. I've never heard or seen anything on it since then. I was hoping that the community would have something on it. When I'm up and running I plan on doing some experimenting to see if it's bro or legit. Thanks for the healthy critiqueđź‘Ť

S

Stonemason7767

You could try a fermented plant extract of the male plant.it will extract the plant hormones and exodites. Just take the male plant cut it up add its weight in brown sugar and about 10% salt.cover with a breathable lid and let ferment for a week.after the week pour off liquid and filter.add brown sugar the same weight as liquid to retard fermentation for long term storage. Use finished liquid 2 teaspoons per gallon ,foliar spray or drench.

S

Stonemason7767

Ritomox look into korean natural farming when you start your grows again .it will change your life.it seems like snake oil but i assure you it is not

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

You could try a fermented plant extract of the male plant.it will extract the plant hormones and exodites. Just take the male plant cut it up add its weight in brown sugar and about 10% salt.cover with a breathable lid and let ferment for a week.after the week pour off liquid and filter.add brown sugar the same weight as liquid to retard fermentation for long term storage. Use finished liquid 2 teaspoons per gallon ,foliar spray or drench.
For what purpose? Like to reverse a hermi?

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

I got you, bud. Like I said in the op, it was really a pamphlet guide. I believe it was printed in the late 60's or early 70's. I've never heard or seen anything on it since then. I was hoping that the community would have something on it. When I'm up and running I plan on doing some experimenting to see if it's bro or legit. Thanks for the healthy critiqueđź‘Ť
Great attitude!

I'm leaning towards show me the science, or at least a believable result. If anyone wants to try this I'll press a male and send you the resultant goop. I'm not sure this rises to the level that I would test this myself, but there's still a ton I don't know, so...

I'm also often humbled by the things I know to be true and they just aren't. Yesterday that I learned that high N thru flower will produce more plant material but actually decreases THC and CBD. Tested on 3X what I would normally run at, but at that high level dropped THC by 66%. Holy shit, right? I've got that paper here on another thread somewhere.

S

Stonemason7767

I don't know if it would reverse a hermie,but it might be the tech he was looking for to get the males hormones and exodites . It makes an amazing fertilizer. But as far as using it on a female to keep it from going hermie I don't know .

Observationist

Observationist

Great attitude!

I'm leaning towards show me the science, or at least a believable result. If anyone wants to try this I'll press a male and send you the resultant goop. I'm not sure this rises to the level that I would test this myself, but there's still a ton I don't know, so...

I'm also often humbled by the things I know to be true and they just aren't. Yesterday that I learned that high N thru flower will produce more plant material but actually decreases THC and CBD. Tested on 3X what I would normally run at, but at that high level dropped THC by 66%. Holy shit, right? I've got that paper here on another thread somewhere.
I’m currently trying to keep my
Plants on the edge of needing nutrients

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

I don't know if it would reverse a hermie,but it might be the tech he was looking for to get the males hormones and exodites . It makes an amazing fertilizer. But as far as using it on a female to keep it from going hermie I don't know .
I wonder what positive impact male hormones have on a female in flower. Using as a fertilizer as you do.

I don't think we can prove a positive here, but have you ever had a hermie? Sounds like you grow reg photos? any idea how many females you have grown using this formula and have any been hermies?

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

I’m currently trying to keep my
Plants on the edge of needing nutrients
You still want flower nutes, it's the N that is the issue.

Here is the study I referenced

Last edited:
S

Stonemason7767

Never had any hermies.i do use male plants to feed female plants as described above ,but as far as increasing thc and preventing hermies i don't know, I never heard of it until today.i switch to fermented fruit juice during flower strawberry and blueberry and banana.they only get leaf extracts during veg.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Never had any hermies.i do use male plants to feed female plants as described above ,but as far as increasing thc and preventing hermies i don't know, I never heard of it until today.i switch to fermented fruit juice during flower strawberry and blueberry and banana.they only get leaf extracts during veg.
Well, it doesn't prove this works as per @ritoMox, but it doesn't disprove it either. If you had hermies using this method, it would not look good for the intended purpose above. So, no data collected.

Mudballs

Mudballs

Supporter
The increase in THC is total bro-science but that cold press hormone thing..."might" ...have a basis in reality. Ethylene speeds up flowering and a flowering male has lots of ethylene.
To reverse plants they spray something that stops ethylene production, forcing hermie.

S

Stonemason7767

The increase in THC is total bro-science but that cold press hormone thing..."might" ...have a basis in reality. Ethylene speeds up flowering and a flowering male has lots of ethylene.
To reverse plants they spray something that stops ethylene production, forcing hermie.
Thats super interesting. Thanks man

S

Stonemason7767

I don't think I would do a sugar extraction/fermentation from the male flower,you would proubly still get active pollen in your solution.is a cold pressed extraction water soluble?

Latest posts

Top Bottom