UV and IR supplemental bars

• Thread starter TwitchVee
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
TwitchVee

TwitchVee

Okay, guys. Here I am again.

Gorilla 5x5- SpiderFarmerSF7000+90 red booster- 6" inline/outtake and intake/portable A/C yada-yada

I'm looking for a UV A plus B and IR(possibly also far red) supplemental bar to sufficiently cover a 5x5 alongside my SF7000. The light does not have IR or UV as it was taken out for some dumb reason. I added the $300 90w booster and it's great for one plant. I've been considering an IR bar on one side and a UV A+B on the other, but I was also wondering if an all-in-one solution is just as efficient. I plan on using UV for 1-3 hours daily on a timer and IR/far red anytime lights are on after transition. I'm looking for the very best solution here without causing harm. This light is great for veg and bloom but resin and potency could be a lot better with proper IR and UV. I brought this up to SpiderFarmer many times and they danced around the subject and ignored my requests for the model of supplemental lighting they claimed 'everyone already had' which was supposedly why they took the features out after the first run.
Uv and ir supplemental bars
Uv and ir supplemental bars 2
Uv and ir supplemental bars 3

TripsRabbit

TripsRabbit

If you have the funds you could add a few mammoth uv bars.

TwitchVee

TwitchVee

I looked at those, but they were only UV-A and it wasn't the right spectrum. Also no IR, if I recall. I've looked at those, some supplemental bars from ecofarm and HLG that just didn't seem like they'd cut it. I'm in the process of comparing some cheap 660nm+IR(and 4 UV diodes per) quantums to a $230 Dormgrow Booster. Honestly the money isn't an issue if I could find a sufficient supplement with plenty of 660nm, IR and both UV-A and UV-B, but so far all I've seen from reputable companies is red/IR plus UV-A in the wrong spectrum of UV.
If you have the funds you could add a few mammoth uv bars.

TripsRabbit

TripsRabbit

It says that it's both uva and uvb in the description and even says how much of both

novazeus

novazeus

i posted this in another thread looking for successful uv users and tips:(2nd post)
i bought 4 t5 4' fixtures for $50 (amazon), and 4 agromax pure uv bulbs for $87(htg) delivered and two bn-link mechanical timers for $18 delivered. (amazon)
ran my first cycle of 15 minutes twice in the middle of lights on last night. nobody died.
i've got 3 in their last 3 weeks in a 4x8 and the middle plant has a little powdery mildew so i'm curious to see if h2o2 plus uv will kill it.
putting the other two with 4 plants in a 5x10 that i'm gonna run uv from flip to finish.
pretty cheap experiment considering i'm only a medical oral extract user with needs of more than a pound a month just to live.(i have no idea of how many street pounds i've bought in the past 7 years at $2700-$3000).
trust me, taking 1200 to 1600mg of extract daily isn't recreational. i've yet to meet any human or animal that likes taking extract orally.
anybody with experience with uv, please chime in.

Latest posts

Top Bottom