UV and IR - When to use?

• Thread starter FuqStik
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
FuqStik

FuqStik

I have a 240w LED light with UV and IR switches. When should I use both of those?

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
They should say Flower and Veg above each switch do they not?

basscaptain

basscaptain

I have a 240w LED light with UV and IR switches. When should I use both of those?
2 hrs in the morning of flower then the last 2 hrs that way they can just run the next morning before you turn then off.......................
I made a run with them on the whole time in flower I don't think I would do that again..............................

Last edited:
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

2 hrs in the morning of flower then the last 2 hrs that way they can just run the next morning before you turn then off.......................
I made a run with them on the whole time in flower I don't think I would do that again..............................

Why Cap? The uv is only uva and the ir is proven to increase growth. They are meant to be on the whole time. I dont even know why the chinese build has switches. The original doesnt.

FuqStik

FuqStik

Why Cap? The uv is only uva and the ir is proven to increase growth. They are meant to be on the whole time. I dont even know why the chinese build has switches. The original doesnt.
So is IR recommended during veg? And UV & IR during flower?

FuqStik

FuqStik

What were the negative effects of running the whole time?

basscaptain

basscaptain

the 1st run with them just on a few hrs the buds where nice and finished well....
the 2nd run that side of the tent the buds got burned when I really hit them hard with light...... I ended up just not running them.... I would Much rather have reds and far reds runing the whole time over the va/ir switchs...................................................

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

the 1st run with them just on a few hrs the buds where nice and finished well....
the 2nd run that side of the tent the buds got burned when I really hit them hard with light...... I ended up just not running them.... I would Much rather have reds and far reds runing the whole time over the va/ir switchs...................................................

Uva that led has does not burn. Uvb does.

Something else had to be going on. The reds do up the intensity of the board.

Top Bottom