Uv Light??

• Thread starter Basic Buds
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Basic Buds

Basic Buds

Hey guys so i happened to purchase one of these party lights but I have no idea if this would do anything for my micro cfl grow. UV experts any info would be muchly appreciated ✌

Uv light
Toaster79

Toaster79

It says it produces UV-A although doesn't say how much. It's basically what is called a black light. You would be much better off with reptile lights. Trixie Desert Pro 12.0 for example. What you want is spectrum in UV-B area and that party light doesn't give off any.

Basic Buds

Basic Buds

It says it produces UV-A although doesn't say how much. It's basically what is called a black light. You would be much better off with reptile lights. Trixie Desert Pro 12.0 for example. What you want is spectrum in UV-B area and that party light doesn't give off any.
awesome mate! thanks for your info, I think I will give it a miss. maybe even experiment with it on another plant.

indicabush

indicabush

Hey mate I'll probably get some flack on this but UVA/UVB should only be used in the last 2 weeks of flowering. Judging by your plants in your intro thread they aren't close enough yet.

indicabush

indicabush

haha all good man! yeah they still have a long way to go, cons of cfl grows...

The last CFL grow I did was a experimental 12/12 grow in a closet approximately 2' x 2'. 5 plants in 1 gallon containers using UVA/UVB 20 minutes a day all through flowering. Should have taken some pics, but I'm not big on that stuff. It was a autoflower grow and it wasn't a bad grow. Just figured I throw this at you since your utilizing CFL's at the moment.

indicabush

indicabush

I used UV-A/UV-B through intire grow and plants didn't care much about it. Except they got frostier much earlier in flower.

Yes there are still quite a few pros and cons about the use. I'm a "what if thinker" and I'm still up in the air about it. When you really come down to it, it's environment that I keep on thinking about in the in the indoor grow pertaining to UVA/UVB.

SilentL

SilentL

I can now inform that Swedish agriculture university do say uv-b do increase THC in our favorite herb! But also less of the others....like cbd
Självständigt arbete vid LTJ-fakulteten, SLU Examensarbete • 15 hp • Nivå G2E Trädgårdsingenjörsprogrammet - odling Alnarp 2013
It stands in this if you want education at university and get a course in cannabis cultivation.
UV-C is used to kill bacteria etc ... so do not use uv-c.

Last edited:
Purpletrain

Purpletrain

With 95 percent of growers not even knowing how to grow a plant from start to finish healthy ,, and more worried about addons like Silica or some magical ingredient to adding UV light to up there THC when in fact they never would get THC tested is rather funny ..
Stick to the basics and get a plant to finish hone your skills in drying and curing then once you got all basically mastered then look at alternatives to better you product

There is no cutting corners when growing herb it all comes with years of experience and a lot of grows
if you think about it i think that 95 percent of UV is filtered and does not reach the the ground only 5 percent so when putting it into perspective its not even worth it if your growing with Hid then there is enough UV adding more will in fact start a chemical reaction and possibly mutations an even death of a plant
to much exposure will damage plants to the point the possibly even clones will have damage degrading the plant to eventual problems like loss of vigor etc

Last edited:
SilentL

SilentL

With 95 percent of growers not even knowing how to grow a plant from start to finish healthy ,, and more worried about addons like Silica or some magical ingredient to adding UV light to up there THC when in fact they never would get THC tested is rather funny ..
Stick to the basics and get a plant to finish hone your skills in drying and curing then once you got all basically mastered then look at alternatives to better you product

There is no cutting corners when growing herb it all comes with years of experience and a lot of grows
if you think about it i think that 95 percent of UV is filtered and does not reach the the ground only 5 percent so when putting it into perspective its not even worth it if your growing with Hid then there is enough UV adding more will in fact start a chemical reaction and possibly mutations an even death of a plant
to much exposure will damage plants to the point the possibly even clones will have damage degrading the plant to eventual problems like loss of vigor etc

I liked that text; I agree many must learn to grow a healthy plant to the end and when you have fixed all major problems and it's hard to get better weed .. Then add this special tricks. For thoose with experience or do understand the most , try this and this etc....
Grow more and happy harvest party!

Latest posts

Top Bottom