5ecret 5quirrel

Calling on the community for help,
recently picked up some UVA and UVB fluorescent
Philips TL 60W/10-R SLV/25
Uva uvb  white led community help 2

QUV UV-B 313nm Lamp (knock off)
Uva uvb  white led community help

I had the lights on for about an hour before reading:
Because all UV-B lamps emit unnatural, short-wavelengths of UV that are below the solar cutoff of 295 nm, anomalous results can occur.
then i got real nervous that the UVB wave lengths under 295 nm would damage the THC on the buds. needless to say the UVB 313nm lights are off, but i kept the UVA florescence "ON" and running.

The Whole goal was to peak at 280-315nm to hit the UVR8 (ultraviolet-B receptor UVR8) but not i'm to scared to go through with it.

Should i go for it, are my trichomes in danger from the UVB 313nm?
Any wisdom from the community would be greatly appreciated.

Uva uvb  white led community help 3
Uva uvb  white led community help 4
Uva uvb  white led community help 5
DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
Adding uva and uvb will boost resin production and shorten flower time by a week or two. The fans mature faster and show more colors, and the trichomes go amber faster, but I was just using a CoB LeD with Uva and B, I just added white Led and I'm liking it so far.

5ecret 5quirrel

5ecret 5quirrel

Adding uva and uvb will boost resin production and shorten flower time by a week or two. The fans mature faster and show more colors, and the trichomes go amber faster, but I was just using a CoB LeD with Uva and B, I just added white Led and I'm liking it so far.

Shortens flwr time by 1 WEEK or 2 Weeks!! thats huge!

What week do you start introducing UV light to the plants?

you got any info of your UV cob? would love to look into it.

i was told to turn on the UV sepctrum at last two weeks of flwr

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Calling on the community for help,
recently picked up some UVA and UVB fluorescent
Philips TL 60W/10-R SLV/25
View attachment 668135

QUV UV-B 313nm Lamp (knock off)
View attachment 668134

I had the lights on for about an hour before reading:
Because all UV-B lamps emit unnatural, short-wavelengths of UV that are below the solar cutoff of 295 nm, anomalous results can occur.
then i got real nervous that the UVB wave lengths under 295 nm would damage the THC on the buds. needless to say the UVB 313nm lights are off, but i kept the UVA florescence "ON" and running.

The Whole goal was to peak at 280-315nm to hit the UVR8 (ultraviolet-B receptor UVR8) but not i'm to scared to go through with it.

Should i go for it, are my trichomes in danger from the UVB 313nm?
Any wisdom from the community would be greatly appreciated.
Nice grow... definitely use the uvb bulb... uva doesn't have the same effect as uvb as far as trich production. I use the uvb lights all the way through flower and start right after the stretch phase.

5ecret 5quirrel

5ecret 5quirrel

Yo Doc, on quick question, does a shortened flwr time effect the weight of your crop? i have so many questions :facepalm:

5ecret 5quirrel

5ecret 5quirrel

4-11 days left till the end of this cycle,
things are yellowing nicely
GOPR8026

OG lemon candy

GOPR8027

Afghan cow

GOPR8028

Kritical K

GOPR8030

rockstar cheese

GOPR8031
Barney's amnesia lemon

Yellow strip due to the concentration of uv in middle?

Last edited:
DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
I'm anxious to see if flowering from start to finish with white LED added to the quick finishing CoB will still finish ten days faster or if the white light added will lengthen the flower time but double the size.

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
amazing! that looks so golden, what's the amber to milky ratio on the trichs at harvest?
I pull some plants at 50/50 then some of my head stash is yanked at the first amber trich. Depends on who its going to really.
I wanna say this is-

Afghan skunk(texas)
Sweet Lucy(rhode island)
Frog dog(cal)/Strawberry cough(uk)

In order of pics.

Uvb changes the chemical make up of the trich and thickens the cuticle.. and helps with oil production.

keiksweat

keiksweat

totally agree.I've experimented with uvb reptile bulbs,and a uvb small t5 with ballast.came from an aquarium shop.started at last two weeks.then from last three weeks.then right through bloom.ive had many discussions,and lots of arguments about it....but,proof is in the pudding,so to speak...resin content goes through the roof.ive even found golden coloured sap,leaking from buds.....i agree with the time window,after stretch,switch them on...hope you get similar results.ive gotta get a new bulb for my uv t5 ballast.
keiks....

5ecret 5quirrel

5ecret 5quirrel

Totally! the colors are so spectral, green is such a boring color in comparison. can you share the make and model of the UV Led Cob you use? I've personally been having a hard time finding any information on uv led lights.

how's the uva to uvb ratio? any information would be greatly appreciated.

5ecret 5quirrel

5ecret 5quirrel

totally agree.I've experimented with uvb reptile bulbs,and a uvb small t5 with ballast.came from an aquarium shop.started at last two weeks.then from last three weeks.then right through bloom.ive had many discussions,and lots of arguments about it....but,proof is in the pudding,so to speak...resin content goes through the roof.ive even found golden coloured sap,leaking from buds.....i agree with the time window,after stretch,switch them on...hope you get similar results.ive gotta get a new bulb for my uv t5 ballast.
keiks....

visually noticeable, you know those moments of epiphany, yeeeeah, i'm having many atm.

the UVB 313nm light i bought was originally designed for accelerated weathering, (skip to UVB)

Screen Shot 2017 02 24 at 103425 AM

(info from) http://www.q-lab.com/products/lamps-optical-filters/lamps-and-optical-filters
Large 4f527160 f41b 411f aa63 46ead390d3e7
Large c8fba2c4 8525 46d5 8e8d 3240ad974245
Large 9f6a38b6 5ed6 4167 9e0a 150040d6730c

i haven't been able to find anyone using this bulb for horticulture, so i'm doing daily checks to see if my trics are still ok :eyepiece:
So far so good:)

*quick update*
leaves are falling off like crazy, just dying off, bud seems like its in protection mode. some trichs (very very few) have blackish purplish dots (will post pic soon)

Top Bottom